Listen to online streams on Droid

• Replies:4
Den D.
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 17, 2011, 1:52:33 AM via Website

Hello all,

I just purchased a Droid X (through verizon) and love it!

A major reason I chose this phone over a BlackBerry is to listen to various online streams since it has Flash. Problem is once a stream starts playing, it cuts out a few times and then stops completely. This happens with both the Droid browser and Dolphin.

Can anyone tell me how I can get a stream to play properly?

Thank you.

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Apr 18, 2011, 4:27:48 AM via Website

Den D.
Hello all,

I just purchased a Droid X (through verizon) and love it!

A major reason I chose this phone over a BlackBerry is to listen to various online streams since it has Flash. Problem is once a stream starts playing, it cuts out a few times and then stops completely. This happens with both the Droid browser and Dolphin.

Can anyone tell me how I can get a stream to play properly?

Thank you.

Hi there Den, nice to meet you, I also have mdx,

Do you have the flash 10.2 installed? if not go to www.adobe.com and download the flash 10.2 .

Next upgrading your Dolphins to Dolphins HD and install all the Dolphins HD Adds on and play with the browser setting to enabled Flash. Skyfire browser already have flash enabled. You can find both this browser on the market.

Next, use your new browser (Dolphins HD or Skyfire) type in http://m.flash.com/site.php#/home see if your device will play any of the flash enable site on display.

Goodluck and let us know on how it goes.:grin:

English is my second Language :-)

Den D.
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 22, 2011, 4:37:50 PM via Website

Hi Irene,

Nice to meet you, too.

I've installed Dolphin HD and Skyfire, but can't find where to enable Flash in the Dolphin browser. Can you help?

Thanks

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Apr 23, 2011, 2:19:03 AM via App

advance setting>enable javascript.
you can do individual website settings also.

did it work with the skyfire browser?

have you tried hooking up your mdx to your tv and watch movies?

been meaning to ask you if you have the 16gb on board and an expandable sdcard like I do or do you have the 2gb on board and an expandable sdcard? just curious. :-)

have you tried getting the mdx gingerbread leak yet?

English is my second Language :-)