htc evo flashed for verizon?

• Replies:4
Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Apr 19, 2011, 2:12:26 PM via App

I started with the htc eris and loved it. I've now upgraded to the motorola droid x and have to say im somewhat dissapointed. not a bad phone I just prefer htc. im with Verizon and don't want the thunderbolt, I really want sprints htc evo. can it be flashed to Verizon??

Alex T.
  • Forum posts: 30

Apr 21, 2011, 7:33:53 AM via Website

There probably is a way since they both user CDMA technology (though I've read that data works differently so that might not work). However, since CDMA phones don't have SIM cards you'll have to get a sales rep to activate it and I can't imagine they'll even try to. They have all the interest to sell you a Verizon phone and probably have strict corporate policies forbidding it even if it were possible.

So, in short, you're probably out of luck. Best is probably to wait for the Incredible 2 or go with the Thunderbolt after all.

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

May 4, 2011, 7:53:58 PM via App

hiya jay, glad to see ur still around. I miss my eris....u? anyways I here a lot of issues with the thunderbolt, but again wanna ditch this droid x asap. motorola blows! what's the next htc phone to be released for Verizon customers? how come ur sticking with the incredible instead of upgrading to the t- bolt? just curious as I respect ur opinion and uve never steered me wrong. ty

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

May 4, 2011, 8:18:25 PM via Website

I bought the Incredible used on eBay because my Eris couldn't play Angry Birds... lol

As far as the Thunderbolt is concerned.. it's a nice Handset.. HTC Sense 2 UI, 4G and all.

There is also the Incredible 2 if you don't need 4G.. (if you live in an area that you won't see 4G for a while).

I can upgrade now.. but I'm holding out to see what new toys come out this fall.

— modified on May 4, 2011, 8:32:19 PM