screen protection woes.

• Replies:2
Stan Jez
  • Forum posts: 51

Apr 20, 2011, 3:15:43 AM via App

who among you have had difficulty placing a screen protective film on your phone?

if you've had success. .. perfect placement and no bubble or dust. ... then share your technique.

As for me.. I've had difficulty in getting it just right...those peskybits of dust (only a few) spoil it.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 20, 2011, 3:23:15 AM via Website

It is kinda tricky to do. It took me a few trys the first time I did it. Was using those universal protectors too, that you have to cut down to fit your screen. They came with a little squeegie like tool to roll the bubbles out with. It helped, if you don't have one you could use a small piece of card board I suppose.

I find they are really need to keep your screen in good condition, without them you quickly will have scratches all over your screen.

— modified on Apr 20, 2011, 3:24:08 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Apr 20, 2011, 1:59:07 PM via Website

I have a great microfiber cloth made by/for the US Army for cleaning snipers which I use to clean my camera lenses. I wiped my display with this before placing the protective film over it.
Jeremiah, thanks for the great idea about the squidgy rolly thing--will have to check that out!