New Android Developer

• Replies:8
ivo Games
  • Forum posts: 10

Apr 25, 2011, 11:01:40 PM via Website

Hi, my name is Sebastian Bierman-Lytle. I am currently a student at Dartmouth College, and I recently started my own mobile game development company called "ivo Games".

My first game is called Bacterium and is now available on the marketplace and on AndroidPIT for free. Check it out and let me know if you like it. You can also see screenshots and gameplay videos at my company facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ivo-Games/178917085474817

— modified on Apr 26, 2011, 12:40:50 AM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 25, 2011, 11:26:21 PM via Website

Hi Sebastian, welcome to the forums. Your game looks pretty good, for a first app. Good luck in your endeavors.

ivo Games

Apr 26, 2011, 12:32:57 AM via Website

Thanks! I'm just hoping it gets enough exposure

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 26, 2011, 3:14:40 AM via Website

Sebastian Bierman-Lytle
Thanks! I'm just hoping it gets enough exposure

Yeah, it seems exposer means more than how good a game actually is. There's lots of mediocre games that have good exposure and rank high, while some really good games that aren't well known of, don't rank that high. Do you have any ideas or suggestions on getting exposure for apps?

ivo Games

Apr 26, 2011, 3:30:57 AM via Website

Ya sure: I've been sending emails and facebook suggestions to all my friends, and also putting up posts similar to this one on many Android dev sites. This post was pretty helpful in pointing me in the right direction: http://www.swartzfager.org/thoughts/post.cfm/some-things-to-know-about-publishing-android-apps. Unfortunately, google doesn't update the install number on the Developer Console correctly, so I have no idea how many downloads my demo has gotten. My google check out account tells me I have 30 purchases though, so thats nice (although I'm still not out of my development cost hole). I know there is a huge Android audience, but it does seems pretty difficult to get to them.

Rayne
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 4, 2011, 3:08:25 PM via App

Great game but seems to be a little laggy toward the end of the demo. Using Eris so its not the worlds most advanced phone lol. Will be looking into buying the full game.

ivo Games

Jun 5, 2011, 12:28:14 AM via Website

Yeah there's a lot of math involved in the physics.. it runs very well on newer models though.

Glad to hear you like it. The games been received pretty well so far, it has over 9000 downloads and about 500 purchases.I'm now thinking about porting it to the iPhone and BB.

Virginia Lee
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 8, 2011, 4:54:34 AM via Website

hi, i am a new.-_- it is a good forum!

GabeG4m3r
  • Forum posts: 23

Jun 8, 2011, 5:22:37 AM via App

I was left impressed by this game,I played the first few levels of the FREE version and immediatly bought the full version. Keep up the great work.