Stream music from PC to Android device

• Replies:3
Tom Samuel
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 27, 2011, 9:20:25 AM via Website

Hey everyone!

I've recently had an idea for an app that I'm hoping exists already since it seems like such a useful function to be had, only I haven't found it anywhere and thought someone here might have a clue of where to look.

You see, I'm sitting in my living room with my laptop and would like to listen to music on my very high quality, but rather retro sound sytem, so it's not one of those beautiful little things that connect to your wifi. Since I have a lot of music on my phone, I usually just connect my Desire HD to the stereo via an audio jack aux connector and play away. Now, I don't have all my music on my phone and if I get something new, I have to connect my phone to my computer, transfer the music files, disconnect from my computer and connect to the stereo again to play the music. That seems like a whole lot of trouble and I tend to want things to be smooth and easy.
Is there an app that would allow me to stream music from my laptop to my phone, so in a nutshell I can just hit play on the computer and it will play the music on my phone and subsequently on the connected stereo system?

Thanks!

Tom Samuel
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 27, 2011, 11:20:12 AM via Website

Thanks! Looks useful, I'll try that. It's still doesn't quite turn my device into a "gateway" of sorts for my stereo system, but it looks promising! :)

EDIT:

I've just realized that doing this without my phone is a lot more convenient. I'm looking into Apple's Airport Express and Airplay via iTunes. Sadly, this exact functionality isn't yet available for Android devices, even though it could be very very useful!

— modified on Apr 27, 2011, 11:34:29 AM