ANDROID MARKET

• Replies:4
pradip misra
  • Forum posts: 2

May 12, 2011, 9:51:21 AM via Website

I bought a SAMSUNG GALAXY S I9000 from DUBAI a few months ago.It does not have Android market.How could I imagine that such incoceivable restrictions apply to Dubai, one of the shopping capitals of the world.
How can I get Android Market?
pradip misra

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

May 12, 2011, 11:02:30 AM via Website

Which carrier are you on? If it's a carrier issue, you may need to root the device..

pradip misra
  • Forum posts: 2

May 13, 2011, 7:38:13 AM via Website

Thanks Steven.I am in India where carrier does not matter. All Samsung Galaxy s phones have Android Mkt irrespective of the Carrier like Airtel or Vodafone or Idea, etc.In my opinion,Samsung need to provide a code to be able to access MKT.In Dubai one Mobile store offered to install android mkt if I purchased the mobile from him as he claimed to have the code.
Dont people in Middle East use Android Mkt?
Pradip

face koob
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 28, 2011, 11:22:07 PM via App

The same problem with me.. I bought my Gt i9000 2 months ago & one that i have is thr android icon at the back of my phone (no android market) then after a week a friend of mine bought thesame but from different store & she has android market & she has (with google) at the back of her phone.. i wonder why its not thesame but we both got them at thesame price.

Ursula Vasey
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 10, 2011, 11:02:29 PM via Website

I live in the UK, so I don't know how things work in the middle east. However, in the UK, we have an apk app called gapps (Google Apps) for devices that do not come with the Google Market as standard. You may need to root your phone first and put a rom on it, but the instructions are in the link below:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/install-cyanogenmod-7-1-rc1-rom-on-samsung-galaxy-s-i9000/

If you click where it says Google Apps, in blue (shown in the Requirements section) that is the link to the Gapps file, which you can download. It may work on its own, but I have never tried it. Gapps includes all apps related to Google, such as the Market, Gmail, and other items. I am not promising that this will work, but I hope it helps to point you in the right direction. Good luck with it.