Galaxy s2 or Motorola atrix?

• Replies:1
Pog
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 3:33:57 PM via App

Help, I'm torn.

Time to upgrade from my Desire, and lost which way to go. The samsung galaxy s2 and the motorola atrix both look great but has anyone who's used them got any recommendations? The s2 from everything i've seen looks a better spec, but i've heard the build quality for the back panel is a bit flimsy, and i'm keener on the interface on the motorola. Doubt i'll invest in a lapdock, so that side of things with the atrix is probably not much of a pull.

Only things do want to make sure is the call quality (sound and connectivity) and battery life are the best i can get (being my only complaints on the htc desire). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Alex T.
  • Forum posts: 30

Jun 5, 2011, 11:59:00 AM via Website

I played with the Atrix in an AT&T store and the build quality was pretty good. The backplate is pretty plasticky so it'll scratch easily, but it doesn't creak or anything. The Galaxy S2 has slightly better specs and it's lighter but it's got a bigger foot print because of the display. The advantage, though, is that it's already running Gingerbread 2.3 and Motorola is pretty slow about updating their phones so it'll be a bit til the Atrix is updated probably.

If you don't mind the wait for the update, I can recommend Motorola's build quality (had the Droid X for a year) and BLUR is nicer than TouchWiz.