Tabtech tablet questions

• Replies:17
a c
  • Forum posts: 7

Jun 9, 2011, 12:01:00 PM via Website

HI there I'm new.

I am looking at getting a tablet for my son for his 10th birthday. He LOVES google earth so whatever I get I need to be able to put that on it.

I found this one, it has fantastic reviews and is a great price:

[Link deleted by FR]

But in one review someone says you can't get Google Earth and then someone else says you can "with a bit of fiddling"

Can anyone here help me? What kind of "fiddling" might it involve. I am relatively PC savvy but I don't really want to have to spend hours hacking the the thing.

Thanks in advance

— modified on Jun 9, 2011, 12:03:02 PM by moderator

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jun 9, 2011, 12:03:54 PM via Website

Sorry, but sponsored links are spam! I deleted the link.

a c

Jun 9, 2011, 12:04:42 PM via Website

oh sorry OK can I just put the name of it then?

Tabtech M009S 2GB Google Android Tablet PC

— modified on Jun 9, 2011, 12:05:38 PM

a c

Jun 9, 2011, 12:18:12 PM via Website

me again,
I've found another one with "Genuine UK Android Market" so does that mean I can get Google Earth on it?

Sorry to be a pain!

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 9, 2011, 12:20:49 PM via Website

It looks like you bought an Android 2.2 tablet, and thankfully Google released an update of their Earth software for Android 2.1 and above, which means you should be able to download it from the market with no problem. Simply search for Google Earth in Android Market on your tablet, and you should be able to find it.

a c

Jun 9, 2011, 12:22:36 PM via Website

thanks for your reply, I haven't bought it yet cos I didn't want to buy something then find out GE didn't work on it, so I have no way of checking apart from asking on here :)

If you say I'll be able to get it, I will buy one now then.

Thanks again

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff

Jun 9, 2011, 12:28:42 PM via Website

Hey a c, I would not say that you necessarily can install Google Maps on an Android tablet. You have "with or without Google" on Android. Without Google would also mean that there wouldn't be Google Maps.

Can you tell me what hardware brand you are talking about?

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff

Jun 9, 2011, 12:30:19 PM via Website

a c
oh sorry OK can I just put the name of it then?

Tabtech M009S 2GB Google Android Tablet PC

Sorry, I didn't see this :girl:

Well, I don't know this tablet. I would not be sure that you can.

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff

Jun 9, 2011, 12:31:52 PM via Website

Steven Blum
It looks like you bought an Android 2.2 tablet, and thankfully Google released an update of their Earth software for Android 2.1 and above, which means you should be able to download it from the market with no problem. Simply search for Google Earth in Android Market on your tablet, and you should be able to find it.

Steven, this is not necessarily true. If it is a non-Google version, you won't have the Android Market either. There are surely ways to get that problem resolved. But they might be illegal.

a c

Jun 9, 2011, 12:42:04 PM via Website

It goes say google though? But still it might not work?

I ended up buying this one

Tabtech M010S 7" 2GB Google Android Tablet PC - 2.2 Android Tablet - Flash 10.1 - Wifi Genuine UK Android Market,

Hoping I can get Google Earth on it, if I can't I guess I'll have to sell it and buy one that will run it

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 9, 2011, 1:47:34 PM via Website

Looks like it comes with Android Market..which is what ya need to download Google Earth (unless you root the thang). So, hurrah!

a c

Jun 10, 2011, 9:58:51 AM via Website

Thanks for your replies, fingers crossed it arrives soon and does what it says it's going to :)
I'll probably back with more questions after I get it:*)

a c

Jun 11, 2011, 6:46:45 PM via Website

it's arrived.....and Google Earth doesn't work on it :( Oh no.

Jenkinson
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 13, 2011, 3:18:46 PM via Website

Can you tell us in what way it doesn't work? Can you find it? If you can find it, can you download it? If you can download it? If you can download it can you run it? If you can run it, how does it not work?
We still may be unable to help, but telling us what the problem is may help others and someone may be able to suggest a solution.

Edit:
The M009S you first mentioned would appear to be identical to the M010S apart from the colour. That has been out longer, more people have bought it, so some may have found a solution which will work for you. If you bought it from the obvious Vendor she is reported to be very good and it could be worth your while asking her.

— modified on Jun 13, 2011, 3:32:07 PM

katz43
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 7:12:57 PM via Website

i've been looking at this tablet as an introductory tablet for myself, just for web browsing, watching and listening to media and downloading and using apps, the thing i need to know is how easy is it to access wifi outside the home, is it free or do i need to be subscribed to a service? i have a current pay monthly mobile contract, would it work in conjunction with that? sorry this might sound like a silly obvious question but i would like some clarification
thanks in advance

— modified on Nov 14, 2011, 7:16:31 PM

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Nov 15, 2011, 10:04:07 AM via Website

Katy,

Let me jest get a few things cleared up so that I can help you:

- are you planning on getting a tablet with Wi-Fi only or 3G?
- what country are you in?

If you purchase a tablet with Wi-Fi only, you'll be able to use it at home and in coffee-shops, some restaurants, libraries or wherever there is free access to WiFi.

If you get a 3G tablet then it will surely come with a plan from a carrier depending on what country your in.

tanya steele
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 10:50:41 AM via Website

hi there,
I have just purchased the tabtech m010s tablet from amazon. I am having a problem retaining my wifi connection. When I connect to my wifi network and I get the blue inverted traiangle to say wifi is connected when I then try to go to browse or you tube it constantly disconnects. Can you please help as I am about demented with it. I have contacted seller wendy lou on amazon but have had no reply as of yet? Thanks.

Peggy Jones-Creason
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 26, 2013, 7:40:49 PM via Website

Take a Look at the Nexus 7 Tablets. They're fantastic and you can definitely load google maps on them.

Peggy