Texting and Pictures

• Replies:2
Jackie Harris
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 13, 2011, 3:53:51 PM via Website

Hello, if someone could please help me find the thread that explains how to save a picture that someone has "texted" to me? I would like to save the picture to my photographes album on my phone so that I can then save it to my computer. It was Texted to me in a link form and then it asked me to download it and I did, but when I plug the phone into my computer and have a look at the memory card, I can not find it. Also when I bring the picture up on my window of the phone to view, I press the button next to the house or home and it will not allow me to do anything, there is not a menu or anything. Thanks for your help, I am new to this site and phone. Jackie

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 14, 2011, 10:35:37 AM via Website

Are you sure you've downloaded it and are not looking at the image on the website where you found it?

Once an image has been downloaded, it should show up in the downloads folder, not the pictures folder.

Then, you can connect your Ally via USB to your computer. In the top left corner of your phone's screen you will see a USB symbol. Pull down your notifications shade (swiping it down with your finger) and then select USB Connected and then select Mount. A window popup should display on your computer. Select Open folder to view files, and look for the downloads folder. Then drag and drop from there. Remember to left-click the USB symbol on your computer in the system tray and click safely remove hardware and follow the prompts.

Jackie Harris
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 14, 2011, 2:24:54 PM via Website

Hi Steve, thanks so much for the response! I plugged it in "turn on USB storage" did that and check every folder down to the bottom and I don't have a folder that says "Downloads" I am in the SD card so the only media I see is my pictures, my music that's about it. I have checked every folder. I noticed that my Text is very limited, I don't have any forward features either. While in messaging (showing all my texts from different people) my only options are "Delete Threads", "Compose", "Search" and 'Settings" when I enter for the person's threads of where the picture is, my options are "Call", "View Contact" "Add Subject", "Attach" "Inser Smiley" and More key that only offers "Insert Quick Text" "Delete thread" and "All Threads"

How does one get into the "Internal" memory? maybe that is where the pic's are stored?

I have another picture that was "texted" where an large grey arrow shows up on top of it, so they must have texted that one differently,
I can't save that one either.

thanks for the information. Is it Android design or is it me? lol