Error To Launch an Application which Is Said As "Compatible"

• Replies:6
Nanin Asps
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 17, 2011, 3:28:54 PM via Website

I have installed "IKO MOBILE" into my device. Before downloading it, I've checked whether it's compatible with my phone or not, and fortunately it is. After completed the downloading, I tried to launch the app on my phone but UNFORTUNATELY, it was a failure. The pop out I've got was "The application Home screen (process com.sonyericsson.homescreen) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." May I know what is actually the problem and is there any way to get it solved? Does my phone support Javascript or not? I need that app so bad. Anyone can help?
Thank You

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Jun 17, 2011, 4:07:09 PM via Website

Hi Nanin,

welcome to AndroidPIT!

Sounds like something went wrong during the installation. Uninstall the Apple and try again. Make a reboot every time to be on the save side.

Edit: I love auto correction... Apple... pah

— modified on Jun 17, 2011, 7:28:12 PM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 17, 2011, 4:10:43 PM via Website

Hm. It looks like your phone has support for Java. Have you tried re-installing the app?

Nanin Asps

Jun 21, 2011, 9:20:58 AM via Website

I have tried, but the only 'pop-out' I get once I click on the icon was "THE APPLICATION 'HOME' SCREEN (process com.sonyericsson.homescreen) HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN"

Steven Blum

Jun 21, 2011, 10:38:31 AM via Website

I have contacted the developer here on your behalf. Hopefully we'll get a response soon.

Nanin Asps

Jul 3, 2011, 7:11:07 AM via Website

Steven Blum
I have contacted the developer here on your behalf. Hopefully we'll get a response soon.

Thank you very much. Hope to hear the progress soon.

Steven Blum

Jul 4, 2011, 10:03:15 AM via Website

The following is the response I received from IKO:

We apologized for the caused inconvenient and problems. As we have some technical glitch on the android trading terminal just a moment before and it have been fixed. Are you able to try to re-install the app again? Kindly let us know if still have any problems and we will continue assist you until your problem resolved.

Please let us know if have further inquiry. Thank you for contacting us.

Sounds like you might have some luck by re-installing the app: Give that a try and let us know how it goes, okay?