Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:197
Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 8, 2012, 1:00:54 PM via Website

Really weird. I would firstly try going into settings, apps, facebook, force stop, clear data, clear cache, and then seeing if that corrects it. If that doesnt help, try reinstalling facebook again.

Hisham Yousry
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 8, 2012, 1:34:15 PM via Website

Hello, My ChaCha phone was working just fine till a couple of days ago..My facebook app updated and now it syncs every 10-15 minutes or so which drains my battery and my 3G connection limit...In the settings it's set to sync once per day so I don't understand the problem. I tried changing the setting then getting it back to once a day again but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Eric McBride

Feb 8, 2012, 2:48:21 PM via Website

Hisham Yousry
Hello, My ChaCha phone was working just fine till a couple of days ago..My facebook app updated and now it syncs every 10-15 minutes or so which drains my battery and my 3G connection limit...In the settings it's set to sync once per day so I don't understand the problem. I tried changing the setting then getting it back to once a day again but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Have you checked once per day in the Android phone settings AND in the Facebook app settings?

Hisham Yousry

Feb 8, 2012, 5:30:22 PM via Website

Wow I feel so stupid :D I changed the setting inside all apps ...Hopefully this will work. Thanks a lot =)

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 9, 2012, 12:04:04 AM via Website

Don't sweat it! We work with smartphones every day here at AndroidPIT and I can't tell you how often I've searched for a menu option for hours that I normally can find in a couple of seconds on a good day. It happens to the best of us!

Emma Hunter

Feb 13, 2012, 12:31:42 AM via Website

Hi,

On my HTC Cha Cha, the messages only show the phone number of the person it is from. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get it to show the name of the person? Please.

:)

Eric McBride

Feb 13, 2012, 2:12:24 PM via Website

If you have the name of the person stored in your contacts list, it should automatically show the name. If you only have the number stored, only it will show up.

Emma Hunter

Feb 13, 2012, 8:02:58 PM via Website

Yeah I do have the persons' names in my contact list. It did show the names until a couple of days ago when it changed to only showing the numbers, which is why it is wierd lol.

— modified on Feb 13, 2012, 8:03:39 PM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Feb 14, 2012, 10:27:48 AM via Website

Ah, I know what to do! Most likely, you didn't enter in the area code of the person who sent you those text messages. That's why it shows up as another number, instead of as a contact. Try entering the number, including 1 + the area code, in the contact. Most likely the person called you from outside the area or you got the call while roaming and that's why it showed up as a number instead of a name. Easily fixable.

Millie Fuller

Feb 18, 2012, 2:24:00 PM via Website

Hey
My HTC ChaCha won't turn on wifi
it says turning on, then scanning then back to turning on and it just keeps doing it then says error
i have tryed factory reseting it and it made no difference
does anyone know anything i can do about it?
as it wont let me connect to the internet at all because of it
many thanks,
millie

Aaron Tilton

Feb 20, 2012, 10:31:04 AM via Website

Have you tried connecting to your wifi network with another device to make sure that it isn't a problem with your network? And does the wifi icon at the top display? If so how many bars are visable?

Millie Fuller

Feb 20, 2012, 1:48:50 PM via Website

The wifi bar doesnt appear at all, and all of my other devices e.g ipod touch connect perfectly fine
Also my sim is 3G and i cant even connect to the internet through that

Chocolacta

Feb 23, 2012, 11:14:58 PM via Website

Steven Blum
That is very strange. I would have recommended to you App2SD but it seems like you've already moved them to your SD card. It could be that you've simply just installed too many apps but it could be that your phone is full of junkware installed by the manufacturer and carrier. In that case, the only way to get rid of these apps would be too root your phone. I can help you find information on how to do so if you're interested..

Low Storage is the biggest problem about this phone!! Its furstrating that I unistall all the apps the htc recommends (which are over 2mb) and then i cant install tweetdeck which is 812Kb(!!!!). The problem is with all the programs that are twitter clients such as seesmic or tweecaster etc which seem to be on SD card but when I check it on the "SD card" list it's not there..and there isnt the possibility to move it anywhere (neither SD card either HTC). It is BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont believe root is the solution...maybe htc has to do something about it!!!! Maybe an update or something, it is fucked up!

Aaron Tilton

Feb 24, 2012, 11:10:02 AM via Website

Man if you tired a factory reset with no success I'd call HTC customer support because it sounds like you might just have a hardware defect :wacko:

vinm
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 6:06:51 AM via Website

Hi, just got a HTC chacha and upgraded the firmware. I have set the volume levels to maximum. However, on a call, the earpiece volume seems very low (yes, i did set it to max while on call :) ).
I wonder if there is way to enter the debug mode and adjust RX / TX decibel levels. I know this as I adjusted these levels in my old Samsung galaxy phone and it was loud and clear.
Anybody knows how I can do this?

Adam Beraro
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 6, 2012, 3:31:47 AM via Website

hello
i have a htc status since September but everytime i try to send a picture to my friends it will say "cannot send, generic network failure" i've taken out my battery but it keeps saying that. any help??

Aaron Tilton

Mar 6, 2012, 10:20:12 AM via Website

Can you connect to the internet normally with your phone? Can you send other types of data with your phone? How are you trying to send the pictures? Via text or email or what?

The better you can describe the problem the more likely it is that someone can find a solution....

Adam Beraro
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 6, 2012, 7:33:20 PM via Website

i can access the internet, the way im sending my pictures is before i send a text i press the paperclip icon and i choose a picture from my pictures.

Aaron Tilton

Mar 7, 2012, 10:04:23 AM via Website

So you're trying to send it via email? Are the pictiures bigger then your upload max? Often that is set at between 10 and 25 MB. Is this your Google mail account?

Chocolacta

Mar 9, 2012, 7:23:57 PM via Website

I have the same problem..please help!!!!

Jimmy Twoshoes

Mar 11, 2012, 6:03:31 AM via Website

i believe you're sending the pic via TEXT.Please confirm with your network provider if the MMS settings is fix and now able to send your kind of activity.
coz from what i understand aside to the mobile setting for internet browsing, It is needed to make a work on the APN.

:grin:

Carls Lim

Mar 11, 2012, 1:20:00 PM via Website

why my Htc cha cha cant connect to my house wifi? But i can connect to others wifi...just cant connect to my house wifi...any setting is wrong? someone pls help...urgent...tq

Adela Cremene

Mar 11, 2012, 8:01:45 PM via Website

Hey,

Did you find a solution?
I have the same problem with the "s" (saves) and "g" (goes to google).

Thanks,
adela

Aaron Tilton

Mar 12, 2012, 11:38:29 AM via Website

I think this just might be a fatal flaw with ChaChas. There are new posts about wifi issues with this handset literally every day!

Basse Sh

Mar 12, 2012, 11:08:59 PM via Website

Hello to all .

i bought HTC ChaCha and its Awesome phone ,, but i need to ask ! ,, can i change the phone Face because i wanted to get the white one but i only found the black of ChaCha ,, so can i change the face ?? also is there any other way than zooming in the pic and photo with my thumbs , can i use the keypad to zoom in and out in pics ?? ..

Thanks

Eric McBride

Mar 12, 2012, 11:29:46 PM via Website

I havent heard of a way to change the case of it, as i havent seen this accessory for the device. Anyone with the phone know?

Have you tried Googling for Cha cha facecovers?

Siri A

Mar 19, 2012, 12:40:15 PM via Website

Hello,

I have a really anoying problem with my Chacha. Everytime I 'unlock' my phone it gives me a screen with the text:
(It's originally in Dutch, this is the English translation):
'Unfortunately!
com.android.phone isn't reacting anymore. Would you like to notify HTC?'

I can chose between:
Close, Wait or Send to HTC.
If I chose Close, it makes me typ in my pincode again, so it says my SIM-card doesn't work anymore, unless typ in my pincode.
If I chose Wait, the phone works just fine, but the screen keeps coming back everytime I unlock the phone. It drives me crazy!
If I chose Send to HTC, it does the same thing as Wait. Nothing changes and the screen comes back every time.

Can somebody please help me out?
My phone is updated to the latest version and is not rooted.

I hope there is a solution for this, without having to reset the phone.

Thank you!

Eric McBride

Mar 20, 2012, 2:38:56 PM via Website

Oooh..I HATE that error. One of the most annoying force close errors on Android. I would try doing a factory reset if I were you.

Did you get the phone new and out of the box with this problem?

Andre

Mar 31, 2012, 1:30:46 PM via Website

Hello guys, I am having a new phone, HTC Cha Cha A810e, the problem is I cannot block someone to send me sms, I have blocked the person and it cannot call me anymore but still can send me messages... I am going nuts, its harassing and I dont want to involve the police, please show me the way or give me some application to install, I am really crazy right now.

— modified on Mar 31, 2012, 2:14:32 PM

Eric McBride

Apr 2, 2012, 3:43:01 PM via Website

Andre
Hello guys, I am having a new phone, HTC Cha Cha A810e, the problem is I cannot block someone to send me sms, I have blocked the person and it cannot call me anymore but still can send me messages... I am going nuts, its harassing and I dont want to involve the police, please show me the way or give me some application to install, I am really crazy right now.

Is your phone rooted? Im just asking because normally to have a true block number/sms function you need root access, since most of the blocking apps I have seen require that.

Stephanie S.

Apr 3, 2012, 4:51:14 AM via Website

I'd like some advice please...

My phone shut off unexpectedly, and when I turned it back on my screen saver was gone, just a black home screen. I can see I have texts and you can call it, but I cant unlock it at all as the touch screen is not responding. None of the buttons are. Also, after I charged it after it turned off, it charged but the battery dies quickly, with no use, since it wont respond at all. I haven't had my phone for more than a few months and I'm very careful with it. I've taken out the battery hoping it would be a quick fix, but nothing I do is helping. Please help me :(

Eric McBride

Apr 3, 2012, 6:09:09 PM via Website

Stephanie S.
I'd like some advice please...

My phone shut off unexpectedly, and when I turned it back on my screen saver was gone, just a black home screen. I can see I have texts and you can call it, but I cant unlock it at all as the touch screen is not responding. None of the buttons are. Also, after I charged it after it turned off, it charged but the battery dies quickly, with no use, since it wont respond at all. I haven't had my phone for more than a few months and I'm very careful with it. I've taken out the battery hoping it would be a quick fix, but nothing I do is helping. Please help me :(

Anyone with a ChaCha that can help out here? Ive never used the device, so Im a bit lost on how to help.

Emmy C

Apr 12, 2012, 5:02:49 PM via Website

Hi

My phone won't let me connect to the Internet on mobile network, I can select the box but it won't connect to the Internet when not using wifi, can anyone help?

Thanks

Eric McBride

Apr 12, 2012, 5:30:02 PM via Website

Do you have a prepaid data plan, or one in a contract? Also, is the phone registering that your on the right network (ie Vodafone, TMobile, ect)?

Emmy C

Apr 12, 2012, 9:11:07 PM via Website

Yeah I have 500mb of Internet on a contract and it worked fine on my old phone, which was a htc wildfire and I've had a look, it says Vodafone UK.

Paulo LMB

Apr 14, 2012, 5:19:03 PM via Website

hi!
i bought HTC 810e (chacha) in CHina.
But is doesnt accept facebook, skype or whatsapp.
and the keyboard is terrible when you type (there are only chinese caractheres).
is dont have android market either, only htc market in chinese.

how can i change or reinstall android in this device and use it like if i have bought in US or europe?

Thanks
Paulo

taqi hussain

Apr 15, 2012, 3:58:44 PM via Website

hi my htc chacha wont update its software whenever i update it it shows a red sign plzz help

Reem Tormos

Apr 15, 2012, 9:53:23 PM via Website

I bought a new ChaCha , and i have a problem in music .
i have alot of songs in fact , when i got the phone , most of the songs didn't appear
i downloaded file manager from market , and im using it for listening . But how should i song the Music problem in the main app ?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 16, 2012, 10:13:30 AM via Website

So you're unable to listen to the music you've loaded on your device? Have you tried using Google Music or another music app? These usually are able to play any of the songs you've downloaded to your phone. Do you know what folder you've saved your music to?

chukwu chinatu

Apr 16, 2012, 12:37:38 PM via Website

please,i have a problem with my 3 months old Htc ChaCha.....barely 2 days i bought it,i noticed that my creidt was exhausting and also that i have to charge it 3 times or more times daily else it would die....i was able to resolve the 'credit' issue as i found out that so many applications were running at the same time. What i could not resolve was the battery as my wifi and smtyms,my mobile data is off. What do i do?

Eric McBride

Apr 17, 2012, 3:30:32 PM via Website

Check your app sync settings. If FB and Twitter are refreshing every 30 min, thats a battery killer. Also, dont keep your screen brightness on high, and if your using 3g, make sure the wifi is turned off so that it wont constantly search. Also, disable GPS when not needed as well, and monitor how many widgets are on your home screen.

tyra omar

Apr 19, 2012, 7:00:37 PM via Website

i have this htc chacha...and its now with me for about two months i guess...but then ..right now..its stuck..i cant open it...do you guys know anything that i can do? i keep on turning it off and on...but its really stuck.im so worried.. :(

dave percival

Apr 23, 2012, 9:21:07 AM via Website

Hi :) i was experiencing a lot of the problems mentioned across the board here, so i did a factory reset and most of the issues are now resolved. However, since i did this i have encountered one, new problems. When i go into my facebook menu screen, where it previously would automatically refresh my notifications it now just comes up with an error message saying it can't retrieve notifications and please try again later. This has been the same for 4 days. I have restarted my phone, logged out and back in, and even cleared the cache, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

jojo chang

Apr 24, 2012, 10:43:22 PM via Website

I have a HTC ChaCha, ive been having a strange problem.

The phone will constantly restart on its own. it has nothing to do with the apps. One day at work it started to restart and it only happened when I was at work. It was location specific. It restarts like every 2-4 mins and it is very random. However when I go to another place about 10 mins away it wont restart at all the whole day. Now it seems to be spreading, It now restarts when I am at home. I cant even receive calls......

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Amanda Clark
  • Forum posts: 51

Apr 25, 2012, 3:02:59 PM via Website

There's a chance that it could be restarting due to the battery or the processor overheating, and then the phone shuts down to prevent further damage. Does the phone feel hot when it restarts? If the problem persists I'd suggest a factory reset (full wipe) and then wipe cache. After doing that try rebooting.

Let us know if that helps!

jojo chang

Apr 27, 2012, 3:13:53 AM via Website

The phone is not hot at all. I really believe it is a location problem. Most other places I go to the phone doesnt have a problem. I dont know what to do with it. I've done a complete hard reset already where the phone looses everything and that doesn't seem to help...

elle payne

Apr 29, 2012, 3:52:32 PM via Website

just decided to text my friend back and when i press 's' it saves the text... and when i press 'g' it goes to google mail and when i press 'b' it goes to google. why is it doing this?!

can someone please help and reply asap!

Samantha Fooks

May 3, 2012, 4:06:59 PM via Website

Hi I also have the hot key problem but I've gone to the applications, quick launch, but I don't understand how to turn it off, when I click on the letters that have been assigned a hot key, I just get a list of what I can assign to it and it doesn't say turn off, how do you turn the hot key off?

Thanks in advance

Samantha Fooks

May 3, 2012, 4:39:32 PM via Website

I've now fixed my problem thanks, I just held on the icon longer and then deleted the hot key off.

Tina Horn

May 12, 2012, 4:00:08 PM via Website

I have been having trouble with my htc status. Every morning the bluetooth voice dialer activates and randomly starts calling people. After I finally get it stopped from dialing people it will be fine the rest of the day, but then the next morning it starts all over again. Is there a way to disable the bluetooth dialer? My bluetooth itself is not on, i have reset the phone, and took out sim and sd card. When I put it back together, it starts all over. Any suggestions would be appreciated.