[Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini ] I'm having WiFi issues with my Xperia X10 Mini...What to do???

• Replies:4
Erika Jacobsen
  • Forum posts: 31

Jun 28, 2011, 3:00:32 PM via Website

This phone seems to have a lot of WiFi issues. It doesn't matter which wifi power profile I choose, the WiFi is always gone.

When I check the WiFi status, half of the time, it just says nothing. The other half of the time it says "failed to connect." To get the mini connected, I have to restart WiFi. Then everything is okay until the screen is turned off, at which point it disconnects again.

I have installed a WiFi fixer app. It worked but drained the battery and now suddenly doesn't work again.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

Louis Hong
  • Forum posts: 20

Sep 15, 2011, 12:06:30 PM via Website

A friend of mine has similar issues: He tried this:

Upgraded the phone to the latest version.
"forget" the network and tried to open it again.
factory default setting done.
had the W-Fi to unsecured and it connected once! after that back not able to connect again.
switch off and switch on the phone again.
as somebody suggested in another thread - kept the wireless authentication type to "open".

Id just keep updating the phone and not worrying about Wifi boosting apps. Ive never really trusted them.

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog?tag=Sony%20Ericsson%20Xperia%20X10%20Mini

Sam-Droid
  • Forum posts: 42

Sep 15, 2011, 12:08:53 PM via Website

You could try getting a real phone. The Xperia minis never impressed me. The Xperia Play on the other hand is a nice headset.

Are your updates current? In my experience thats normally the problem with connectivity issues. (If youre not using an iPhone that is :))

Raed Shreteh
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 9:52:35 PM via Website

i faced this problem today and found that this issue Related with router so you have to Disable MAC address in wireless setting and it will be work !
in shaa Allah = Allah willing,

bayberry
  • Forum posts: 24

Sep 25, 2012, 5:55:17 AM via Website

I also faced this problem