Eskimo Tower Defense

• Replies:7
Jonas Andersson
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 4, 2011, 6:26:59 PM via Website

Hi all

Just posted our "new" game Eskimo Tower Defense on Android Market. The game was first released in 2010, but we have finally got around to fixing it up and adding some levels to it.

Eskimo Tower Defense is the classic Tower Defense game with carefully balanced and challenging levels.

Link to the Free version on Android Market

The goal of the game is to stop the polar animals from escaping to warmer climate. To help you, you have different Eskimos and other "Towers". Place them strategically on the game field and let them throw snowballs on the increasingly stronger animals.

Please leave any feedback to us here, and we need all the support we can get so if you like it at least leave a good review.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmHRiZNQPcY

Thank you for your time!
/ Jonas Andersson
www.polartouch.se

— modified on Apr 13, 2012, 10:55:15 AM

Gordi Lachance

Jul 5, 2011, 8:10:58 AM via Website

Hi Jonas,

Nice implementation of the tower defense concept. It looks like the final touches on your game improved it alot!

I used to play Medievil castle defense a lot! which has a nice sound effects.

I saw you implemented score loop in your game, how was the implementation? what was is your experience?

Thanks

Gordi

Jonas Andersson

Jul 5, 2011, 6:06:59 PM via Website

Thanks a lot!

If you are missing sound on the game, an update will fix that hopefully later today.

Yes I tried scoreloop with this game. It was a bit of a hassle implementing it. The was not a lot of documentation for Android, and some parts (like score formatting) I still can't figure out. A lot of times the users in the support forum refer to the api documentation, but did not find anything there either. But other than that, it was quite ok. I have nothing else to compare with so shall not say to much.

/ Jonas

Gordi Lachance

Jul 31, 2011, 1:33:49 PM via Website

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for your update, the fix did seem to solve the sounds problem.

BTW, I took a look and actually implemented on a game I'm about the release the Skiller SDK. Must say I had a very pleasant experience with them. They were very responsive, and their Single player SDK is very simple to integrate.
They also support multiplayer feature, which opens for me a few ideas on games I'd like to release, that are turn based games.

/ Gordi

Jonas Andersson

Apr 13, 2012, 10:55:51 AM via Website

Ouch!

Google decided to suspend the app for including keywords in the description. Almost had 50.000 downloads, and now back to 0 :(

Reuploaded the free version with a new package name. Please support us by downloading it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.polartouch.eskimo.lite

Any bugs please send to info@polartouch.se

Best Regards
Jonas Andersson

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 17, 2012, 4:25:32 PM via Website

Jonas Andersson
Ouch!

Google decided to suspend the app for including keywords in the description. Almost had 50.000 downloads, and now back to 0 :(

Reuploaded the free version with a new package name. Please support us by downloading it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.polartouch.eskimo.lite

Any bugs please send to info@polartouch.se

Best Regards
Jonas Andersson

WOW. Thats pretty brutal :O Sorry to hear that man. Im sure you ll get back on track soon though!

wenzhe shi
  • Forum posts: 42

Apr 18, 2012, 3:56:09 PM via Website

what key word?

I would love to avoid that from happening and know more details...

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 19, 2012, 11:21:49 AM via Website

Oh no! I'm writing a story about app developers who have had their apps pulled for strange reasons. Could you send me the text of what Google sent to my e-mail address? steven.blum@androidpit.de