How do I get root on my phone?

• Replies:7
Kenneth Hopkins
  • Forum posts: 11

Jul 5, 2011, 10:24:58 PM via App

Hey, I have been trying to find a way to bypass the protection to my internal sd card. But, lately I've been having alot of trouble getting the "su" file and other files into the "system" folder in the internal memory. I just can't bypass the protection. I have worked with computers, mobile and desktops, and I'm starting to get interested in phones. I have mastered computers. Still working with laptops and notebooks. And I'm getting interested in Smart Phones. So I can't copy anything to my internal memory. I have been online 24/7 looking for answers, and alot of them said that I needed to have root and superuser on my phone in order to root with my computer. I looked in the system folder and in all the folders and couldn't find the su file. I've recreated my internal sd cards system folder and two others, now they are on my external sd card and I can't copy the files to the internal! So I need some way to get rid of the protection on my Motorola Defy MB525 software 2.2.1. Please help me out. If you can thanks in advance.

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Jul 6, 2011, 2:35:27 AM via App

Check your email.

Was gonna post here but my phone had a minor oldtism problem and it won't let me post.lol Whew!

English is my second Language :-)

Kenneth Hopkins

Jul 7, 2011, 1:04:17 AM via App

One more thing. Can i edit my internal with an app while rooted. if so. anyone know wat app

ireneL

Jul 7, 2011, 3:58:55 AM via Website

Kenneth Hopkins
One more thing. Can i edit my internal with an app while rooted. if so. anyone know wat app

cvcps wrote an "init" file for the dx to make a "pork" so you can mount his bootloader, (maybe some one else whose familiar with cvcps work can chime in?)

But i am not aware of this being done on the defy, as far as i know ( and i have been known to be wrong.lol) Motorola have not made any official notification of releasing a defy unlock kernel.

Head over here http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/19285-motorola-defy-mb525/page__st__240 to see if the init file he made for the dx could work for your device?

May i ask if your looking to "edit" the internal system to mount a bootloader? or are you looking to completely erase motorola sys config and write your own? either way cvcps is the main person to seek info on Motorola sys config.

Sorry i couldn't be more helpful this time, rooting your defy was the easy part.lol
Goodluck and keep us posted.:)

ireneL

Jul 7, 2011, 4:11:07 AM via App

To edit the defy Internal you need Moto to release an unlock Kernel for your device. :-)

Kenneth Hopkins

Jul 9, 2011, 3:37:21 PM via App

Well I'm trying to adjust the internal system with files that I put together to make my defy more fit for me. And everyone's been very helpful. I have got it rooted but I don't have my computer or laptop with me so I'm trying to use my PS3. I am not sure if that has been done before, I am planning to check online.

Kenneth Hopkins

Jul 9, 2011, 5:36:36 PM via App

Oh and when I said app. I meant like an app on my android

Roddick Half D
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 8:46:09 AM via Website

help mi