Tips and Tricks for the HTC Sensation

• Replies:7
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 6, 2011, 12:35:52 PM via Website

• The notification panel enables you to switch betwen most-recently launched apps.
  • Customize the apps you access via lockscreen by tapping on the "personalize button" (it should appear as an artist's easel), then tap "lock screen," then "settings," and you can choose which apps or functions (like "settings") you want to include. Mine lists the camera, GMail, Weather and Google +.

Anyone have any other tips?

Di Tao
  • Forum posts: 55

Sep 16, 2011, 11:20:13 AM via Website

How do I clear search histories in the market with out using a 3rd party app. I tried what HTC suggested but it didn't work.

Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Sep 16, 2011, 11:21:54 AM via Website

Yeah I was wondering about this myself... dont ask why ;)

Tristan Wright
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 16, 2011, 11:23:16 AM via Website

You're having this problem too? I tried what HTC wrote in the instructions and it just didn'T work for me. This would kinda be good to know.

Tristan Wright

Sep 16, 2011, 11:26:13 AM via Website

I got this.

1) In your home screen, press menu, settings, applications, manage applications, scroll down until you find market.

2) Select market, and deleate that bad boy

Tristan Wright

Sep 16, 2011, 11:31:19 AM via Website

Just found this floating around the intrawebs:
I would like to create a a definitive guide (best Practices) to get the maximum amount of battery out of the Sensation. Coming from a LG G2x I'm finding this battery is actually equal or worse and since rooting and removing bloatware currenty seems impossible, then customizing this phone has to be within the realm of stock apps and settings..

My Experience

Using Battery monitor widget, I'm typically getting -200 ~ -300 mAh usage whenever the phone is being used, it will drop down to -30 mAh at its lowest in idle, but no where like the G2x of 5-10 mAh or -2mAh for Vibrant (in idle)..

My goal is to have this phone last 24-36 hours regularly (if possible) ... Right now I'm getting 12-18 hours, with moderate use.. 20 ~30 minutes calls..

Here are the steps I've tried to improve life, in order or decreasing effect.

General Tips/Steps to improve
Turn off All Syncing (use power widget to toggle as needed)
Check Settings >> Accounts & Sync >> [disable auto sync]
Set Screen timeout to 15sec
Set brightness to < 15%
Check Settings >> Power >> Turn on most or all the power saving features in this menu.
Remove (or reduce) number of widgets that need to poll data (includes clock/weather, stocks, social feeds, etc)
Turn off Bluetooth, GPS (when not needed, again use Power widget to toggle)
Enable Wifi calling (yes wifi calling saves battery especially in low 3/4G signal areas)
Use camera sparingly (by far biggest battery hog)

Useful apps or widgets
General apps / widgets and tips to have
Add Power widget to home page (for quick toggling)
Install Battery monitor widget for charting battery usage.
Juicedefender or Green Power from appstore and let them help manage power

Things to share
Please add your suggestions, and tell us your
max. battery time, between re-charges.
What are your battery usage stats , what is the biggest battery drain my in screen 60%
your best practices

Lets all share our best practices..

Aaron Android
  • Forum posts: 36

Sep 16, 2011, 11:34:30 AM via Website

Cool tips. Does that work for GPS too? Ive noticed that kills my battery like no other and most other charging tips havent really worked when Im running a navi app.

BTW anyone know how to send a call declined message when the phone is locked? When its unlocked no prob but I cant find the option when the lock screen is up.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 16, 2011, 11:36:44 AM via Website

If you press the menu button their should be an option for it if youre using the standard UI. Hope you find it!