all tv apps gone/dead??

• Replies:4
Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Jul 11, 2011, 1:17:32 AM via App

So im hoping someone out there in android land knows what's going on, but all my tv show apps seem to be no longer working and also gone from the market. Apps like tv shows, and tv shows stream say there is no contents anymore. I use my phone for tv viewing daily and if this is a permanent issue I will have to seriously reevaluate my phone service. does anyone know what's up?? or any working tv apps?

Casey Beth

Jul 12, 2011, 5:17:19 AM via App

I have all three. Tv.com and discovery are both pretty limited. Droid tv is ok but also limited. I don't have a netflix subscription so I haven't checked that out yet...I assume with a subscription you can stream all content to your phone similar to the way you can stream it to your pc? I paid $10 for the app tv shows stream and it was the best and my most used app, so im really confused what happened to it and other tv show apps?! I can't be the only one who watched tv through the phone? Doesn't anyone out there know what happened?

— modified on Jul 12, 2011, 5:18:06 AM

Casey Beth

Jul 13, 2011, 2:19:39 AM via App

Well after some research it seems that google has struck again. They have removed three tv streaming apps that I know of, DROID streamer, tv shows, and tv shows streamer. Personally this is a big enough issue to get me to bail from android all together. How does Google benefit from removing these types of apps? Will they refund my money Im out now?.......stupid

— modified on Jul 13, 2011, 1:01:10 PM