Has anyone here had experience with a new remote desktop App - Imperio yet?

• Replies:7
Droid Dude
  • Forum posts: 7

Jul 11, 2011, 5:30:20 PM via Website

Have seen some threads beginning about this new rdp client app with a couple saying on a par with logmein but an easier price to swallow - I thought this would be a good place to ask if anyone is using it yet and what there experience of it is before I buy?

If not I guess I'll just take a plunge go buy it and add to the post here :)

Aaron Watkins
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 11, 2011, 9:14:45 PM via Website

Hi there,

So first - disclosure - I am the PR representative for Imperio so I am a bit biased, but I can also answer any questions you might have about the app.

Our goal with Imperio is just that - a RDP client that is for everyone... not just IT professionals. We want to reflect this both in the features and ease of install... and the price point as well.

Just so you know, the app is $4.99 until we hit the first 1000 users, at which point it will go up to $9.99. Happy to answer any questions you might have!

`Aaron

Droid Dude

Jul 11, 2011, 10:55:06 PM via Website

thanks for coming in here + the disclosure...I saw this is a new app, so am guessing not many have tried it out yet and not many reviews , I've seen threads about the file transfer being very good, do you know how it works? this is an important feature for me
Any inside knowledge on the dev you can share?

Aaron Watkins
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 12, 2011, 12:13:14 AM via Website

We call the process "Touch Copy". Basically - during a remote session, find the file you want, highlight it and click file transfer. It automatically gets pulled to the SD on the phone in a default folder we create during installation called "Imperio".

Please if you like the app, leave a review in the market - its tough competing with the big guns and big budgets of companies like LogMeIn - but word of mouth from real Android fans does wonders!

btw - anyone know where the name comes from?

Droid Dude

Jul 12, 2011, 7:41:32 PM via Website

Aaron Watkins
We call the process "Touch Copy". Basically - during a remote session, find the file you want, highlight it and click file transfer. It automatically gets pulled to the SD on the phone in a default folder we create during installation called "Imperio".

Please if you like the app, leave a review in the market - its tough competing with the big guns and big budgets of companies like LogMeIn - but word of mouth from real Android fans does wonders!

btw - anyone know where the name comes from?

ok, i'll give it a workout, see how it stacks up, thanks for the info. will post back for the folks here to see any problems/ comments

Droid Dude

Jul 13, 2011, 5:10:19 PM via Website

I went and purchased this app today, a good time to pick as they had a 2 day lanching sale on for $.99c :) because of the price I have installed it on both my devices (Moto XOOM Tablet / HTC Desire Z). The install went fairly easy, I did have to ask support one question but they were back in what must have been under 5 mins. The app has 2 files to insatll the phone app automatic from the market, you then insatll the pc app from the imperio website, after you register the free pc license is provided (i think you can connect to as many desktops as you want. This is a high quality app, it's what I have been waiting for esp for the Xoom Tablet pretty much my laptop is staying put now , there is no need to take anywhere again!!! the cool features are sound redirect from remote pc to mobile and a very easy file transfer couple of taps and the file is on device, i had seen other posts about this this feature and as Aaron here mentions it really is that easy to use ...no real issues yet but time will tell very happy so far good job dev

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 16, 2012, 11:20:04 AM via Website

@David What was so bad about the app? Did it spam your notification bar? What exactly was the problem with it? I've never used it, I'm just kind of curious.