Oovoo question concerning Incheon - Android 2.3 with 7 Inch Capacitive HD Touchscreen + WiFi (1GMz Telechips 8902 CPU)

• Replies:1
Tawana Carter
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 12:38:10 AM via Website

I'm a parent trying to purchase a table for my teenagers to use. We recently moved from Chicago to Texas and they Oovoo video chat their friends all the time. I'm interested in purchasing the7-Inch-Android-2-3-Telechip8902-With-Powerfull-Wifi-and-Capacitive-Touch-Screen-Tablet-PC for them but want to know if the Oovoo application is supported on this particular Android 2.3 tablet. I've read all the information I can find about 2.3/Gingerbread and its SIP capabilities but I don't know what the heck it means. Also if it doesn't support Oovoo what video chat application will is support and how well do any of them run. Any help you experts can provide would be greatly appreciated. I want to ENSURE that I make the right purchase to give them access to what they need in order to not waste money. Thanks:grin:

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 5:33:41 PM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 14, 2011, 10:36:55 AM via Website

Hi there!

Thanks for posting.

According to Oovo's website, it is not supported on the Incheon. The list of supported Android devices is as follows: HTC Evo 3G & 4G, Samsung Epic, Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0, and T-Mobile MyTouch 4G, Dell Streak 5, Dell Streak 7, Dell Streak 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S 4G, Motorola Xoom, LG G2X.

The thing is, video chat clients are very, very picky about which devices they work on. Not sure why. Skype with video, for example, only works on 4 Android devices. For some reason, I couldn't find a list of supported devices for Fring video chat (so annoying!) and the only tablet Qik seems to on is the Galaxy Tab.

I'm sorry I can't be more encouraging. If you want to use a video chat client, I'd buy a Galaxy Tab (try to find it used for less $$) and then download Qik. Some of these other tablet manufacturers like Incheon are less well known and thus less likely to be supported by a video chat client.

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 5:35:48 PM by moderator