Best anti-theft app

• Replies:10
Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

Jul 14, 2011, 11:37:31 AM via Website

Hi everyone,

Friend got her phone stolen recently with all her pictures, contact info and everything. Super scary. I'm looking for a security app that doesn't cost too much (I'll pay a very small monthly fee if I have to, but would rather not) that can allow me to track, wipe and ring my lost phone. What's the best one out there? Thanks!

SortaHuman
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 14, 2011, 6:54:13 PM via App

I use lookout. haven't lost my phone yet but tested scream and it works nice. its also antivirus

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 15, 2011, 10:04:49 AM via Website

What kind of noise does "scream" make? :)

Carl Savickas
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 2, 2011, 5:20:44 AM via Website

Check out the Norton Utilities for Android.

mondroid
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 22, 2011, 1:06:48 PM via Website

Android Addict
Hi everyone,

Friend got her phone stolen recently with all her pictures, contact info and everything. Super scary. I'm looking for a security app that doesn't cost too much (I'll pay a very small monthly fee if I have to, but would rather not) that can allow me to track, wipe and ring my lost phone. What's the best one out there? Thanks!

Check out SecuDroid, you won't have to pay any fees and you will be able to track, wipe, ring and even take pictures to find out who's got your phone.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 22, 2011, 2:25:25 PM via Website

But if it's complety free how do they make their money? Services like this are quite complicated and I can't imagine that they do it just out of the goodness of their hearts. Is it Ad supported?

mondroid

Sep 22, 2011, 3:36:21 PM via Website

Android Addict said:
I'll pay a very small monthly fee if I have to, but would rather not

I mean that you just have to pay for the app when you purchase it. It's around $1 (0.99 euro) but I guess that it will be more expensive when it becomes more popular. And you don't have to pay any fees.

I like the way SecuDroid works because it doesn't communicate with 3rd party servers. Personally, I don't want any app with a huge set of permissions to connect somewhere and leave my sensitive data (pictures, SMS, locations, ...) in the cloud.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 22, 2011, 4:19:18 PM via Website

@mondroid Id agree with that... not that I keep incriminating info on my phone but it is really better to be safe then sorry.

mondroid

Sep 22, 2011, 4:34:55 PM via Website

Aaron Tilton
@mondroid Id agree with that... not that I keep incriminating info on my phone but it is really better to be safe then sorry.

hehe definitely! you never know... :D

Have a look at: http://thisguyhasmymacbook.tumblr.com/. I think it's really cool that you can do the same thing with SecuDroid from your Android device...

piterson
  • Forum posts: 1

May 25, 2015, 11:30:26 AM via Website

Hi!!! people i am here to share new app and that is " Best Anti-theft app" I am using this app from long time. Fonegard is basically a Anti-theft app. It helps in protecting your phone from being theft. It is basically a anti-theft mobile app. or you can say that it is Anti-theft solution app. for more just visit:www.fonegard.co/

ronandrew
  • Forum posts: 21

May 26, 2015, 12:05:38 PM via Website

Now i am using CM security, you can also try it