Samsung Galaxy S2 — Owners: What is your approximate battery life?

• Replies:25
Bob Hart
  • Forum posts: 51

Aug 10, 2011, 3:18:17 PM via Website

Less than six hours? More than 12? A day? Longer than a day? 2 whole days??

Peter Long
  • Forum posts: 74

Aug 10, 2011, 3:22:08 PM via Website

OK I get about 11 hours with moderate use

Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

Aug 10, 2011, 3:24:15 PM via Website

This is the best android phone I have used so far when it comes to battery life. Definitely doubles the battery life of SGS under similar usage. I believe this phone is probably the best for battery usage in the world.

Bob Hart
  • Forum posts: 51

Aug 10, 2011, 3:26:04 PM via Website

Really? I've been disappointed with the battery uage. I find that the battery lasts at max 15 hours after adding apps, connecting skype and using wifi. Once it's charged 100% it starts dropping fast. This is even after deleting apps and my live wallpaper.

Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

Aug 10, 2011, 3:26:59 PM via Website

I can't believe you're complaining about 15 hours of battery use. My original droid lasted 5 hours. 5! When it was new and barely even using the internet!

Peter Long

Aug 10, 2011, 3:29:02 PM via Website

HELLO? My iPhone wouldn't last a day FROM THE START. 15 hours is a longass time.

Anette West
  • Forum posts: 106

Aug 10, 2011, 3:30:10 PM via Website

Rooting would really help with the battery life, I think.

Peter Long

Aug 10, 2011, 5:58:41 PM via Website

i don't think that's true about the rooting. double-check where you get your info.

Pull My Finger
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 23, 2011, 6:51:02 PM via Website

How are you guys getting so low? My highest was 59 Hours. Thats with data on only when I needed it. With data always on and autosync enabled, I get around 30-35 hours. Now I'm on 63% after 22 hours. I was sleeping + data was off for 7 hours. Moderate usage.

Of course I have NO pull/polling apps like Facebook, Twitter etc. I'm running on VillainROM 2.4.2, and removed all bloatware.

Pull My Finger

Aug 23, 2011, 8:17:54 PM via Website

Anette West
Rooting would really help with the battery life, I think.

Yes it would. Not simply because it's rooted, but because with root access you can remove all the pointless stock apps (the ones which you'll never use).

Zhu Lee
  • Forum posts: 28

Aug 24, 2011, 10:00:18 AM via Website

the fact that you don't have Facebook and Twitter is a huge factor, I think. Most people will have a difficult time getting rid of them.

Guilherme
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 11:43:27 PM via Website

How come you get 60 hours of battery life??? Sometimes my SGS2 runs out in 8 hours, even if i leave it in standby!!! I think mine came with problem though, cause my girlfriend has the same model and her's lasts much more!

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Nov 4, 2011, 10:25:37 AM via Website

60 hours seems unusually awesome.

ronen y

Nov 6, 2011, 1:41:38 PM via App

mine is 24 hours

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 7, 2011, 12:34:32 PM via Website

What seriously? 24hours use on one charge? How often do you use the Galaxy S2? You must not be using it that heavily!

alan mayer

Jan 11, 2012, 9:15:33 PM via Website

just got my galaxy s2 from t-mobil. had it 3 days. this is my first "smart phone". the battery life is very disappointing as well as how long it takes to full charge. I got 6 hours from the factory charge. next day after charging all night it only lasted 7 hours. today after full charge it lasted only 4 hours. shouldn't that be gong up not down?

— modified on Jan 11, 2012, 9:16:18 PM

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 12, 2012, 10:50:31 AM via Website

That is the reality of smartphones; they don't have long battery life. You have to remember that what you are carrying around in your pocket is less phone and more laptop, so it's only natural that the battery doesn't last too long. I generally get around 8-12 hours on a single charge with decent use (that means listing to music, playing some not too intense games and normal calling/texting) but if I'm going online alot then charge time is markedly reduced. One thing you should do is activly try to manage your battery life. That means turing off wifi when you don't need it and turning down screen brightness when you can.

You can also check your battery consumption in the phone directly which will give you a better handle on what is causing the drain and how you can best adjust your smartphone use. Go to settings > about phone > Battery use to see what's been sucking your power.

Hope that helps.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Jan 12, 2012, 6:53:07 PM via Website

Please remember that the battery life is dependant on the OS version you are using. Samsung has dramatically improved battery life with each Gingerbread release. For example; 2.3.3 had miserable battery life for me. I was getting 6-8 hours. 2.3.4 was better it upped the battery to 9-12 hours. 2.3.5 pushed it another hour and 2.3.6 holds out for a full day and a half with normal use.

There are a few things to make battery life better too. I was able to get almost 2 full days out of 2.3.6 by adjusting my settings.

- do not use automatic screen brightness. Set it manually at what feels good, usually 25%
- When inside always have GPS off
- Wireless off if not in use
- Live backgrounds take lots of battery but are so cool. trun 'em off and save battery. Use a normal background

These tips will strech out your battery to 2 full days with the 2.3.6.... Update to 2.3.6 using odin dont wait

I am using ICS 4.03 beta KPA and it's battery usage is a bit less than 2.3.6 but sure is cooler :-)

— modified on Jan 12, 2012, 6:53:40 PM

Joseph Dent

Jan 22, 2012, 4:50:27 AM via Website

3-4 hours in heavy use. But I have 10 home screens filled to the brim. 5*5 grid. 350+ apps. That's with Juice Defender Ultimate and everything backed up to SD card. I carry a spare battery around with me. Contemplating getting a Mophie cover/charger to add an extra 2400mah. Didn't want a bulky battery with 5400mah tbh. 2 full charge batteries gets me through the day.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Jan 23, 2012, 1:02:25 PM via Website

Samsung offers a slim batter upgrade for very little money. Can be purchased via Amazon for around € 28 ...

It is 2.000 mAh which is 550 more than stock. Comes with a new back plate and feels nice in the hand. You should get almost two days with the new battery

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-EB-K1A2EBEGSTD-Akku-Geh%C3%A4user%C3%BCckseite-Galaxy/dp/B005FYHRY8/ref=pd_cp_ce_0

Wow, price down to €23 ---

I'll buy this now !

— modified on Jan 23, 2012, 1:03:13 PM

Kirtiraj Patil

Jan 26, 2012, 8:26:21 AM via Website

I had gingerbread 2.2.3 with battery life of approximate 4-6 hours with heavy use, 8-10 hours with moderate use, with stock ROM & stock battery. Now I updated via kies to gingerbread 2.3.6 with application Battery Doctor(by android doctor) & Battery XL conjointly it gives me battery life of approximate 8-10 hours with heavy use, 18-20 hours with moderate use,with stock ROM & stock battery.
Battery Doctor(by android doctor) & Battery XL applications are available on android market for free.

Brody D.
  • Forum posts: 21

Apr 20, 2012, 5:20:32 PM via App

Just a quick tip - when you first get your phone it improves battery life drastically if you resist the temptation to use it straight away and give it a full charge for a few hours. It also helps maintain it if you regularly flatten the battery and give it a full charge.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 2, 2012, 3:34:53 PM via Website

Also, rooting your device can help you control the cpu speeds, making battery management easier.

Twitt

Aug 16, 2012, 5:12:28 PM via Website

On power saving mode about one day... In regular mode about 8-6 hours. Got too many applications

hassan

Oct 5, 2012, 6:30:37 AM via Website

how can i increase my battery???

Conor Hughes

Dec 1, 2012, 7:36:24 PM via Website

Well first of all I could never get the right time to charge it because I always needed it, but now I have the charger set on a timer very early in the morning. I have it timed so that it just finishes charging when it is time to get up, this way it is always fully charged. Mine takes nearly 4 hours to charge and I get up at 7am so it is set to come on around 3am. I find this very handy, you just have to remember to plug the phone in when you go to bed!

If my Data connection is on most of the day, the battery is flat about 6.30pm ish, but if I just have it on when I need it lasts me for a whole day.

Although don't be fooled! Once it was 72% when I went to bed so I thought oh it will be fine tomorrow, but the next morning it was 22%!! So don't get fooled like I did, and no apps were open and the Data connection was off.