Google Buys Motorola...

• Replies:17
Aaron Android
  • Forum posts: 36

Aug 15, 2011, 6:27:50 PM via Website

Well, I guess we know one thing for sure now: the next Nexus will be a Motorola. How do y'all feel about that?

Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Aug 15, 2011, 6:32:21 PM via Website

Just stockpiling patents. Nothing to see here...

Anette West
  • Forum posts: 106

Aug 15, 2011, 6:34:02 PM via Website

Won't this create a monopoly and, in the end, more stress for Google?

Sam-Droid
  • Forum posts: 42

Aug 15, 2011, 6:35:37 PM via Website

Here's praying they kill Motoblur!!

Anette West
  • Forum posts: 106

Aug 15, 2011, 6:38:01 PM via Website

@Fran: To that I say, "A-Men"!

CJ Brown
  • Forum posts: 32

Feb 28, 2012, 11:38:07 AM via Website

Motorola, Inc.,an American multinational telecommunications company (based in Schaumburg, Illinois) divided into two independent public companies (Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions) after the telecommunications company lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009. While Motorola Solutions is considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., Google's purchase of Motorola Mobility allows Motorola Inc. to lose most of that debt & use the extra cha-ching (coming from Google) to develop new (better?) Android Smart Phones (because who in their right mind wants a Windows "we failed with zune" based Smart Phone?) ...

It's a win, however it needs to be a win that produces results that encourage strong(er) sales by Consumers (I am loyal to HTC but will gladly switch to SAMSUNG if HTC can't offer a Verizon Wireless 4G phone that's on par with the Galaxy Nexus) ...

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 28, 2012, 3:58:25 PM via Website

Actually, rumors are saying LG might get the next nexus phone. As much as I WISH Motorola would get it, I dont think it will happen, as if they did, it would piss samsung off and make them think that google will start playing favorites. I think Google will wait til 2013 to release the first motorola nexus phone, to be on the safe side.

AimyThomas
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 8, 2012, 8:11:55 AM via Website

Agree with you

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 14, 2012, 4:25:26 PM via Website

New report is that EVERY OEM gets a Nexus phone this year. I think this might really happen!

Here's the article I wrote about it:

https://www.nextpit.com/galaxy-nexus-405477

Droid Org
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 16, 2012, 11:38:00 AM via Website

Wow, Google is almost buying everything. This will be a big boost for the motorola phones. I will be very excited to see the new version of RAZR getting launched soon as it will be google making that so its gonna be a killer and a phone worth to give attention to.

Nancy Brown
  • Forum posts: 17

Nov 6, 2012, 2:20:51 PM via Website

Google cannot buy customers it can only buy companies and I personally feel, google has the worst support system, have you ever had problem on google + whom do you contact for help ?
where as other companies and competitors like facebook, iPhone, you know they will be out there to provide you amazing support.

ISA Nexus
  • Forum posts: 21

Dec 27, 2012, 6:55:16 PM via Website

Sam Buchbinder
Just stockpiling patents. Nothing to see here...

and defending Android

Maxiosoftware
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 29, 2012, 12:56:01 PM via Website

i'd like to see razr nexus v7 :)

Ellensburg
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 2:36:02 PM via Website

Lesen, ich interessiere mich für die News, das ist, was ich gewesen nach den Nachrichten...............

— modified on Jul 9, 2013, 2:36:39 PM

Rylan Parker
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 13, 2013, 12:11:01 PM via Website

LG has done a perfectly good job with the Nexus 4, no reason why they shouldn't get the Nexus 5.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 13, 2013, 6:59:19 PM via Website

Actually Loie, Rylan is responding to Eric's post above about LG getting the Nexus manufacturing gig, not Samsung or Motorola. But that post is from last year! Funny how rumors can be timeless!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting