Best apps for learning langauges?

• Replies:2
Mike W
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 17, 2011, 12:13:10 PM via Website

Hey guys,

I'm getting a Galaxy S next week and I was wondering if there were any good apps out there to help learn foreign languages. I was using a second gen. Iphone for the last couple years and loved it but I really can't justify dropping so much cash on a new Iphone4. So I decided to switch over to an android system. I'm a huge language geek and I loved all the apps I used to have to help me review vocab. or get international media. Are there similar apps out there for Android? Anyone have any personal experience with them? I'm most interested in either Japanese/Korean or maybe Russian... if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great! Thanks in advance.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Aug 23, 2011, 1:16:56 PM via Website

Android doesn't have alot of good apps for learning langauges but it does make a lot of resoruces available to you.

First off try getting a good quality Podcast reader and checking out what is available to the public in the podcast scene. There are quite a few high quality podcasts out there for most langauges and normally their free. I've been doing that for Russian and Spanish for a couple of years now and being able to carry around my lessions in my pocket is a nice advantage.

Also check out foreign langauge news apps. Normally most major news outlets put out an app which lets you download content directly to your phone. Reading the news everyday is a great way to bust your vocab. and improve you passive langauge skills.

hope that helps!

Aaron

Prateek Dubey
  • Forum posts: 3

May 4, 2013, 9:49:26 AM via Website

Create or develop your own application on www.funduappcreator.com