Mac and Samsung Galaxy S2

• Replies:48
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

May 7, 2013 4:26:13 PM via Website

I had to get a better quality cord. Yes, it is essential to have the android file transfer program installed on the Mac. ,
I have model SPH-D710, Kernel versiion 3.0.15-1173404. Build IMM761.FL24. Hardware D710.10

Debugging mode can actually be turned on or off--does not matter! Neither does it matter whether it is MTP or PTP mode for file transfer.

WHAT MATTERS: The cord that comes to recharge the phone is CRAP and cannot be used to do file transfer!!!

Go figure. You would never figure that out without tech support.

May 12, 2013 6:58:13 PM via Website

Its worth noting that some usb cables are not set up for data transfer, i.e travel usb's

I spent hours trying to do this and it didn't work, then tried an old HTC lead worked a charm :-)

May 17, 2013 4:03:20 AM via Website

1. Download the free "Android File Transfer" software.
2. When you plug in your phone via USB, you see a USB symbol in the top left menu bar of your phone. Drag it down and click it for more "USB PC connection" options.
3. Check "Camera (PTP)", unplug and replug the USB cable twice (don't ask me why, but it works on my setup).
4. Then the Android File Transfer (AFT) program will show you the contents of your phone in the same folder style as Mac's "finder", even though my phone still doesn't show up in the actual Finder program. You can now drag files back and forth between AFT and finder.

Good luck... you'll need it with this stupid, round-about method.

Jun 7, 2013 1:35:15 AM via Website

Make sure that you use the cable that came with the phone and/or tablet. Some of the generic/3rd party cables only allow charging, and that is it. I myself had the same issue, yet when I used the cable that was supplied with the phone, the USB transfer dialog box came up, and everything worked. With the 3rd party cable, it looked like it was trying to connect, but couldn't.

MacBook Pro and Samsung Galaxy S2

Aug 30, 2013 1:56:13 AM via Website

Hi Guys

I am very impressed with the support and information given here regarding this issue.

Alas none of the suggestions here work for me - I have an iMac that I am trying to connect my S2 to in order that I may transfer all of my music from the mac to the phone.

No matter what I do, 9 steps, debugging, iTuneWalkman...nothing works as I my mac simply WILL NOT see my phone.

The only thing I have not tried is using the original cable that came with the phone (not sure if I can find it now), I am however using the mini USB cable from a Blackberry phone (not saying it should work).

Could ther possibly be any further advice that can be provided to help me?

Many Thanks.

Jul 5, 2014 5:08:42 PM via Website

Thanks so much Steve, after searching for half an hour, finally your solution is the best! Cheers.

• Forum posts: 2

Dec 2, 2015 7:47:51 AM via Website

You can download the free app Android File Transfer on Mac. Then, as you connect Android phone to Mac, the app will automatically launch. And you can see all the Android files in the pop-up window. You can directly drag and drop them from Android to Mac.

• Forum posts: 14

May 6, 2016 5:40:57 AM via Website

If you want to move data from Samsung galaxy s2 to your Mac, like music, you can try to use Android Manage to do this transferring. To get this thing, you can search on Google and I have got this on AndroidRecovery, so you can have a try.

• Forum posts: 18

Jun 21, 2016 9:52:18 AM via Website

You can try Mobile Transfer. It has a Mac version. Transporting contacts and music from Samsung to iPhone is rather simple with it. Plus, there is no need for all those complicated steps.

— modified on Jun 21, 2016 9:56:58 AM