How to download images from websites to phone?

• Replies:12
Casper Khaw
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 21, 2011, 1:19:48 PM via Website

Hi Everyone

I am a new member of this forum and I just got my LG Optimus Black phone. I use it a lot to browse the web. Can anyone please tell me how to download images to the phone from websites? When I am in a website, the phone's menu function does not seem to offer any download option. When I choose "More", there is a "Downloads" selection but it shows download history which is blank at the moment for me because I don't know how to do any downloads. Hope somebody who is an android expert or owner of similar phone could help. Thanks!

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 2:50:58 PM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Aug 22, 2011, 10:29:32 AM via Website

Have you tried simply holding your finger down on the image? After you do that, a menu should pop up with options, including to save the image or set it as a wallpaper.

Casper Khaw

Aug 28, 2011, 4:43:11 AM via Website

Thanks Steven for your helpful reply. I never thought of doing that.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Aug 29, 2011, 10:00:54 AM via Website

No problem! Glad I could help. :grin:

IF you need more tips or have more questions about the device check out our hardware forum.

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 2:51:50 PM by moderator

Marko perz

Jan 31, 2012, 3:18:22 AM via Website

Hi. Well I also have the Optimus black got it like 2 weeks ago, I've had other smart phones so I'm kinda familiar with the android system.
But I've been having trouble downloading pictures from the wep Facebook ect. Usually u tap the pic an hold it an a menu pops up but tha is not happening can any one help mi an give an answer

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jan 31, 2012, 11:53:00 AM via Website

I think this is limited to the FB mobile site. If you download the newest FB app from the market, downloading pictures from that is really easy directly from the phone.

Marko perz

Feb 2, 2012, 6:27:31 PM via Website

Well I'm prety sure that I do have the latest Facebook app , bt even then I still cant download pics from the wep. Although I did figure out a way to download pics from FB I first downloaded an app called keep safe an basicly it's an app to store pics an videos an hide em in my fone. First I chose the pic go to the menu an I go to share bt thaz kinda wack it's not same

James “1madddasss2mackxxx” McEntyre
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 23, 2016, 9:41:14 AM via Website

That doesn't work for my LG G4!

Katherine Rublikov

Nov 10, 2016, 9:16:12 PM via Website

It still doesnt work i try holding it down dut nothing happens. Please help.

msmariellemartt@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2017, 5:00:03 PM via Website

I have had a couple of LG phones and had not run into this problem in the past. I was trying to download grandkids photos from FB and though I found a download option, once downloaded I found that it had not gone to my Gallery as I was use to. I looked in several places without success. I did get to FB via Google and had not, yet, downloaded the FB application. I will do that today and see if it goes into my gallery. Thanks Eric.

Venezia Pagliei

Sep 4, 2017, 3:10:34 AM via Website

I pressed the image that i want on google and i didnt get the menu..by pressed i meant hold down,im suck of pressing the 3 dots to download my image! What should i do

Nisha Joshi
  • Forum posts: 38

Nov 30, 2018, 7:15:36 AM via Website

hey, it's very simple to download the image from website to your phone - you need to follow some steps for that - I am sharing in below -

1- you need to open the website - and choose the image which you wanna download
2- after the need to hit the right button on your phone
3- then a drop-down list appears
4- select the opt of the "download images "
5- click this opt and download now

sometimes you click many time on the button of download, by the results you will get similar images in your devices - it will consume more memory in your phone -

you can easily find similar images and remove them by using "similar picture finder "

Hope you will get the solution of your problem.

Thanks

Regards

Nisha josshi

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 30, 2018, 12:01:05 PM via Website

I am amazed that nobody has thought of this yet!
You don't have to download the image you want!
Just get the desired image on your screen,
And then take a screenshot of it !
You know....., A picture!
It will go into your gallery. Then you can do anything you want with it!
Simple! End of problem!

— modified on Nov 30, 2018, 12:15:38 PM