App Center Help!

• Replies:3
Dana Snell
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 31, 2011, 4:56:43 AM via Website

My plan with AT&T(they suck) on my phone won't allow third party downloading,only market apps are allowed,is downloading the .apk and then installing it on my phone my only choice? I have used AppBrain and have used their downloader which seems to work fine,is there any thing I can use here? Any help with this would be great,thanks in advance!

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Aug 31, 2011, 5:31:16 AM via Website

You could root your phone, install a mod that doesn't turn off unknown sources (what att does). But be very careful, and only root if you are sure what your doing and willing to take a chance. Personally I would just ditch att.

Dana Snell
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 31, 2011, 5:39:21 AM via Website

Thanks Jeremiah! I plan on doing both(dumping AT&T and rooting),do to reasons beyond my control I can't root my phone till my warranty expires,a deal I made for the great plan price I made with my employer. Just looking for a work around for now....thanks for the advice!

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Aug 31, 2011, 5:48:37 AM via Website

I haven't heard of any work arounds, other than rooting... Is there some app you want that is not in the google android market? Maybe email the developer and ask them to upload it to the google market?