Samsung Galaxy S2 — my phone suddenly got hot

• Replies:13
Amirul Zharif
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 20, 2011, 8:26:46 PM via Website

Hello..i'm newbie here n i just got my galaxy s2 last month..

i'm not sure weather anyone else have this problem to or not..but my phone suddenly got hot at the back..and if i left it in that condition my battery will drain too fast..the heat that i felt is around the camera area..is it got to do with the battery or is there any other solution to this problem?? whenever this prob happens to me i'll shutdown my phone n wait till it cools down..plz..do give some advices..TQ

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Sep 21, 2011, 10:36:41 AM via Website

Are you streaming data heavily? If so, that'll do it. Bluetooth will also make a good deal of heat when charging.

If the phone is getting too hot, try turning it off for a bit.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 21, 2011, 12:01:11 PM via Website

This isn't a problem; it's just a side effect of modern smartphones esp. the Galaxy S2. When you do any processor heavy work on the phone (running complecated apps, graphical programs, streaming data) the phone is going to get hot. That's due to the fact that they basicly have a laptop processor in a body a tenth of the size with no real means of external cooling. So yeah it's going to get hot when using it and you can't do much about it. But that doesn't mean you have to shut off your phone each time. If you think it's getting too hot just give it a rest and a chance to cool down a bit but I've heard about phones getting up to 40c+ with no problems because of it.

If you have more questions feel free to post here or check out our hardware forum for more tips and tricks.

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 12:02:32 PM

Aziz Ur Rehman

Oct 15, 2011, 9:59:12 AM via Website

Hi
here is the tip for you , because it worked out for me , rub off the back of your simcard to make it as thin as possible ( carefully not to damage the data slots on the front ) as it gets thin, insert the sim n here you go... i hope it helps .. dont forget to say thanx ;)

Luis Figueiredo

Dec 2, 2011, 10:11:33 PM via Website

Well mobile cpus tend to step them selfs to balance the power need/temperature as i see on galaxy S and other phones the most temperature was coming from battery despiste usually only heats when charging

binendra lawati
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 19, 2012, 9:04:43 AM via Website

when i started yo video/voice chat in yahoo/viber i dont know what happened to my mobile .it suddently stop and hang not any keys are function even wnen i turn off the phone it will not off,so plz help me whst will i do.
MY EMAIL IS ASTHAMBHA@ YAHOO.COM OR AASTHAMBHA@GMAIL.COM

— modified on Apr 19, 2012, 9:06:02 AM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 19, 2012, 10:48:13 AM via Website

Hmmm....strange. So this happened when you used Viber? I'm confused...

binendra lawati
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 19, 2012, 11:47:02 AM via Website

So what should i do sir.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Apr 20, 2012, 8:42:12 AM via Website

I have found that many ROMs get hot on my SGS2.. I was using a ICS 4.0.3 Beta Rom and my phone was hot all the time. I have since switched to the official ICS Firmware and my phone only gets warm when doing processor heavy activity.

Are you using a ROM? Have a look at what is running in the background when you phone is getting hot..

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 25, 2012, 3:42:09 PM via Website

Well..yes and no. Warm yes..hot when playing a graphic intensive game yes..but your processor should never exceed 70 degrees Celsius. You should download system tuner (theres a paid and free version) to monitor temperature.

Todd Funk

Mar 2, 2013, 6:37:12 AM via Website

I had the same problem...phone getting REALLY hot, battery dying by 2 pm etc. I finally found a blog saying that my external SD card might be the culprit (phone continually trying to scan the phone). I took the card out an the phones battery lasts fantastically and no heating up problems.

md jahed
  • Forum posts: 6

May 16, 2013, 12:24:23 AM via App

power of on

md jahed
  • Forum posts: 6

May 16, 2013, 12:25:32 AM via App

Todd Funk
I had the same problem...phone getting REALLY hot, battery dying by 2 pm etc. I finally found a blog saying that my external SD card might be the culprit (phone continually trying to scan the phone). I took the card out an the phones battery lasts fantastically and no heating up problems.

Jeffrey Robles

Oct 2, 2013, 12:27:25 AM via Website

Yeah it's normal my phone is reaching for 41C and there is no any complaint about it and it's getting smoother after I played hd games. It's just because of the processor of the phone ^_^