License test solution not working, I always get NOT_LICENSED

• Replies:2
Valentin P.
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 11:22:08 AM via Website

Hello,

Usually i don't need support but this is too much,

History:
When i first check the "App Licensing – How-To" i said , because i use LVL , 1h implementation time with tests and all..., for this new license,... big mistake.

I never heard of AndoidPit before so at Prerequisites - AndroidPIT App Center 1.5 or higher , because there is no link to local web site (please add) i just opened AndroidMarket and installed first app that mach AndroidPit name, also our client found the same app, funny , we both looked at that app and wander, where are the apps? strange market...

For this errors:
Failed waiting for binding to App Center License Service
Unable to start service Intent { act=de.androidpit.app.services.ILicenseService }: not found

INSTALL this: https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog/392902/AndroidPIT-Launches-App-Center
and be logged with your androidpit market account in order to test
(PS i wasn't able to find the link in AndroidPit web site ...??? , long live Google)

Current Problem: i always get NOT_LICENSED
I did all the steps from "App Licensing – How-To" for LVL case, (Google license is working)
I changed the android market (google) test return to not market managed in order to get to androidpit license check, i changed android pit account the license test return to something else than default, i have "AndroidPIT App Center" installed, logged with the test account, key used is the one from the test acount -> all i get is NOT_LICENSED
I also removed the google license check, same result.

Questions:
1. Do i have to submit the app i want to test to your market in order to test? (the reason of ERROR INVALID PACKAGE NAME ? not for test i guess)
2. I changed one letter in license i get NOT_LICENSED, is that right? (should be wrong license ERROR INVALID PUBLIC KEY)
3. I change the Test result, no change in app tested, what could cause this (key used? i reinserted the key several times from web page)

Help

FIX:
The problem was that the application was submitted to androidpit market by my customer, then removed from there, i tried to test with a different account than the one used to submit the app and didn't work. If you submit the app to one account always use that account to test license for the same package name.

— modified on Oct 6, 2011, 9:37:51 AM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Sep 28, 2011, 12:20:23 PM via Website

Hi Valentin,

I'm transferring your question to our technical support staff. Hopefully this can all be resolved soon...:blink:

Sven Woltmann
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 1,922

Sep 28, 2011, 12:47:40 PM via Website

Hello Valentin,

about your questions:

1. You don't have to submit your app while you are testing. As long as you are logged into AndroidPIT App Center with your developer account, you should receive the status selected on your licensing page -- which is currently "LICENSED".

2. While you are testing, the public key is ignored. It shouldn't be like this, so I've added to our TODO list to also check the key when testing.

3. I don't understand this question.

If you send me your LogCat-Debug-Output from the licensing process, I could have a look at it and check what the library is doing. E-mail me to my first name dot my last name at androidpit.de.

Regards,
Sven

— modified on Sep 28, 2011, 12:48:01 PM

Svens Java-Entwickler-Blog: https://www.happycoders.eu