Do i have to put my app on Android Market

• Replies:13
Quiz Master
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 3, 2011, 1:57:33 PM via Website

First off apologies if this question has already been asked/answered had a good look round and couldn't find anything.

I'm new to developing apps and have made one on the Google App Inventor. The app is associated with my quiz show on YouTube and basically provides quick links to the latest quiz show aswell as my associated blog,twitter,Facebook. The app is very basic but I like it and it does what I want it to do.

So I was wondering do I have to put the app straight onto Market or can I pit it somewhere else to get abit of exposure and users to see how it goes before uploading to Market. I think the $25 sign up fee is a little steep for the moment but will eventually pay it and upload.

So yeah basically as it says is there somewhere I can post the app, how do I go about it.

Your thoughts please.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Oct 3, 2011, 6:58:15 PM via Website

Yes, theres other markets you can post your app to. AndroidPit has it's own market, go to androidpit.com and sign up for a developer account. Also you could post to getjar.com and slideme.org and theres a few others.

— modified on Oct 3, 2011, 6:59:16 PM

Quiz Master

Oct 3, 2011, 10:19:46 PM via Website

Do I have to pay to post it on here or getjar

Jeremiah

Oct 3, 2011, 11:57:48 PM via Website

No, its free to post it, though for your paid apps, the markets may charge a percentage of your apps earnings. For free apps they don't charge anything.

Quiz Master

Oct 4, 2011, 2:16:25 AM via Website

Ive tried uploading on here but it says it has to be on the Android Market first before it can be put here, so kinda defeats the object of what i wanted. Cos i dont wanna pay Android Market $25 yet. Will give GetJar a try

Jeremiah

Oct 4, 2011, 3:34:44 AM via Website

Quiz Master
Ive tried uploading on here but it says it has to be on the Android Market first before it can be put here, so kinda defeats the object of what i wanted. Cos i dont wanna pay Android Market $25 yet. Will give GetJar a try

I'm personal messaging you the email of Sven Woltmann. He is the admin/dev for androidPit's App Center, and has helped me when I have problems with uploading apps to androidPit before. I'm sure he can help you if you email him.

Quiz Master

Oct 5, 2011, 12:46:23 AM via Website

Thanks for the help I'm gonna keep posting on these forums but at the moment have uploaded my app to GetJar

Harshad
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 24, 2011, 4:31:04 AM via Website

I have a similar problem. My country is not supported in the Android Market, hence I can't upload my app there.

When I tried to upload the paid version of my app here on AndroidPit it complained and asked me to contact this email address: apps@androidpit.de

I have sent a mail there, but no response yet. What is the correct email addr and I hope this is automated in some way in the future.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 24, 2011, 12:34:26 PM via Website

Hey sorry about that man! I'm an admin here at AndroidPIT and your email must have gotten kicked to the spam filter. I'll PM you my email address and we can get this sorted out ASAP.

Harshad
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 25, 2011, 2:08:10 PM via Website

Thanks Aaron, I got a response from Tuyen (your app portfolio manager).

For the benefit of all, let me summarise. It is currently not possible to upload apps in AndroidPIT unless the app is uploaded on Android Market first.

I asked whether this will be possible in the near future, but haven't received a reply yet.

Barry
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 9:23:10 PM via Website

This is simply a response to the AndroidPit admin team. I'm basically happy with Android Market yet it will not allow for purchases of apps from certain countries. It seems AndroidPit requires developers to register with Android Market as a requisite for distribution. With free apps this is a none issue. If I can't purchase great apps eg: Skeye Pro from Android Market and thus AndroidPit what is the point of AndroidPit? Said another way i would expect there to be a significant distinction between the two resources...product availability being paramount.

Thank you,

Barry Cook

afemich02
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 10, 2013, 11:19:52 PM via Website

I'LL LIKE TO DESIGN AN ANDROID APP, THAT'LL COLLATE ALL EDUCATIONAL BOOKS IN NIGERIA, I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT ON MY APP, CUSTOMERS AND VENDORS HAVE THEIR ACCOUNTS SO THEY CAN VIEW THIER TRANSACTIONS AND SAVE THIER PURCHASES/SALES. PLS HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS

spacedotworks
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 14, 2013, 8:46:46 PM via Website

Either pick up programming or hire someone to do it for you.

Deactivated Account

Alliacetek

Jul 31, 2013, 2:18:54 PM via Website

you can submit your app in different app market place sites also you can put your app through social media sites like Facebook, twitter and linkedin by creating Facebook product page for your app also you can create individual page in your site for your app
Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

— modified on Aug 2, 2013, 10:39:51 AM by moderator