Just want to say that I've never tried to root one myself but I did recently run across this rooting guide for Hannspree tablets while I was look up info rooting my phone. I don't know if it works but it was listed on a lot of other sites. Hope it helps but as always remember to do your research before rooting anything. I just almost bricked my Xperia Play because I screwed up a root attempt....
Hannspad Rooting Guide (v2 August 4th 2011)
DO NOT INSTALL ANY "OVER THE AIR" UPDATES TO THE STOCK ROM AFTER
INSTALLING CLOCKWORK MOD - THEY WILL NOT WORK!
This guide assumes you have a fully stock Hannspad.
Download these 2 files:http://blair.be/hannspad/recovery.rarhttp://blair.be/hann...nnspadStock.zip
1. Plug your tablet into usb, plugging the power adapter in would be a
good idea as well.
2. Enable usb file transfer
3. Extract recovery.rar and you'll find an update.zip file. Copy this
zip to the root of the tablet's storage, as well as
4. Power off the device
5. Hold the VOLUME + button in and press and hold the power button. It
should say "Recovery key detected" and "Booting recovery kernel image"
6. Now in the recovery screen, select "Apply internal update.zip"
using the volume keys to move and the power button to make the
7. Your tablet should reboot, you'll need to hold the power button in
until it turns off again, wait a few seconds and reboot into recovery
mode as described above. It should be different now, as it's
ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM)
8. Again, use the volume keys to move up and down, go to "Install zip
from sdcard" and this time press the home key to make a selection.
9. Next, select "Choose zip from sdcard"
10. Scroll down to RootedHannspadStock.zip and select it - it will ask
you to confirm, scroll down and press yes.
That's it, your tablet is now rooted!
First step is to install the CWM recovery image (modified by roebeet).
Download it here: http://blair.be/hannspad/recovery.rar
Plug the tablets USB into your computer, I recommend plugging the
power cord in as well. If that's not possible make sure it's fully
1. In the tablet, enable usb file transfer.
2. Extract the recovery archive you downloaded above, and put the
update.zip file in the root of the tablets usb storage.
3. Power off the tablet, and reboot it holding in the VOLUME + key at
the same time as the power button. It should say recovery key detected
and boot into recovery.
4. After the recovery menu loads, press VOLUME - to highlight "Apply
Internal update.zip" and press the power button briefly. It should
take about 10 seconds to install, the tablet will reboot after it's
5. Hold the power button in for around 10 seconds until the tablet
turns off, then start it again in recovery mode (detailed above).
6. Use the volume keys to highlight "backup and restore", press the
home soft-touch key to select it.
7. Ensure the "Backup" option is highlighted and press the home key
again. It should start to back up the entire tablet to the internal
storage of the tablet. This will take a few minutes.
8. You can now reboot the tablet by pressing the home key on the
"reboot system now" option.
9. You're done!
USB driver files: http://blair.be/hann.../usb_driver.rar
Note for this method you will need adb installed and working. There
are numerous guides out there for this, please search google.
If you have problems getting adb running you likely had the same issue
as me, and windows had installed default drivers for the tablet
without asking. See here for how to fix it:http://developer.nv
Download the latest version of SuperOneClick root here:http://forum.xd
Note that it can set off some anti-virus programs, it is perfectly safe though.
If you're running Vista/Windows 7 make sure to run it as administrator.
1. Enable usb debugging on the tablet
(Settings/Applications/Development -> USB debugging). It's probably a
good idea to check "Stay awake" as well.
2. Extract the SuperOneClick zip to a folder anywhere on your pc.
3. Run SuperOneClick.exe
4. Click the big "Root" button at the top left, let it work.
5. It'll ask you if you want to install busybox, click yes.
6. It'll ask you if you want to test the root, click yes
7. If successful it'll tell you
8. Reboot the tablet. (this is extremely important)
Market + Google Apps
This will show you how to install all the normal Google software to
your tablet, enabling the full market and Gmail app among other
1. Download the Google files here: http://oron.com/2ga4...leapps.rar.html
2. Extract them to a folder called "google".
3. Enable usb file transfer on the tablet, and copy the directory
across. Safely remove the device when done and disable usb file
transfer, but leave the usb cable plugged in.
4. Browse to the Android SDK directory on your pc, and go into the
5. Shift+Right click anywhere in the folder and select "Open command
6. Type the following;
Note that it'll ask for superuser permissions on the tablet, it's
important you confirm this.
Note also that this may be a limited version of the market due to
issues in the rom
Mount the /system directory as read/write:
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
Now, you would usually just mass copy all these over in one command,
however this will lead to "out of memory" errors and won't work, so
the slow way it is.
cp * /system/app/
cp * /system/etc/permissions/
cp * /system/framework/
cp * /system/lib/
7. Close the command prompt
8. You might need to reboot your tablet here
Have wifi running and connected before you run SetupWizard on the home
screen and input your details, otherwise you might not be able to set
up a wifi connection with it running.
Replace settings screen with standard Android settings
Credit for the files goes to copritch of XDA forums.
I don't recommend replacing the stock settings files unless you really
need to, as it can cause the tablet not to boot properly. If you want
to use this method to use a different keyboard, i recommend removing
the custom settings files after you're done and reusing the one's the
we will back up in the guide to prevent any bootloop issues.
Download this: http://blair.be/hannspad/settings.rar
This assumes you've rebooted your device after installing the apps above.
1. Connect tablet to PC via usb
2. Extract the settings.rar file to your tablets usb storage
3. Start a command prompt as done for the Google apps
4. Type the following
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mv Settings.apk Settings.bak
mv SettingsProvider.apk SettingsProvider.bak
cp /sdcard/settings/Settings.apk /system/app/Settings.apk
cp /sdcard/settings/SettingsProvider.apk /system/app/SettingsProvider.apk