Samsung Galaxy S2 — asking for help

• Replies:1
Abubaker mohamed
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 2:03:38 AM via Website

hi guys

im planing to by a galaxy s2 in the near future, but i will be using it in a country (sudan) that is not supported by google market for android, given that im in malaysia now and i can download apps directly from the market. but the problem is i dont have the phone now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

so what im asking for is, can i download the .apk files to my pc and then install them in my phone??
if yes, how do i do that from this market??
if no, this will be very disappointing for me, but is there any other options???

sorry if this question was asked before, but i tried looking in the forum and i didnt find anything similar.

if there is a similar question i will be thankful for giving me the links

thanks in advance guys

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Oct 25, 2011, 10:55:03 AM via Website

Im going to stress that I have never done this my self but, yes, it should be possible to download .apk files to your computer and then load them on your phone. According to what I've read you can gain access to the .apk files via an Android Emulator package for your pc. An Android Emulator mimics the Android environment on your PC for testing purposes. If your emulator has the Google market running on it you shoud be able to download the .apk files for your computer for later use by your smartphone.

One you have the .apk files there are also programs that help you load them correcting onto an SD card so you can use them on your phone. For the first step in the process I found this guide for downloading .apk files to windows computer.

I hope this helps.

Also you can try to look for third party market places that are open in Sudan. AndroidPIT also offers an app store which should work there.