htc rezound to have video-out?

• Replies:3
Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Nov 14, 2011, 8:29:04 AM via App

I'm sure this isn't the correct location for this but I'm dying to know. As many others I'm trying to choose between the raze, nexus, or rezound. I don't personally like Motorola and do like HTC products. the one question I really want to know is if the rezound like many other HTC smartphones has video-out capabilities. Most HTC video-out is an RCA connection which is fine with me. The HDMI output on my Droid x is overrated in my opinion. Anyone know the answer to this one? I'd really appreciate it!!

— modified on Nov 14, 2011, 8:29:50 AM

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Nov 14, 2011, 9:42:06 AM via Website

Casey,

I can tell you right now that the HTC Rezound is going to come with an HDMI connection. Hope that helps.

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Nov 14, 2011, 10:20:14 PM via App

that's exactly what I needed to know thanks a million! Do you happen to know if like most HTC phones it will also have video out capabilities through its charging slot with RCA connections? I heard the razr will have some sort of mirror mode, how will that be different then the video-out on the rezound?

— modified on Nov 14, 2011, 10:22:37 PM

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Nov 15, 2011, 10:08:03 AM via Website

From what I understand, these RCA cables are accessories that have been developed by non-HTC people. So I assume that the only way to find out if the RCA cables will continue to work with the HTC Rezound is to wait and see. Because the thing is that HTC is banking on people using the HDMI connection instead of the "analog" RCA connection. From the looks of it, the HTC Rezound should have the same charger slot as the HTC Incredible, so theoretically it could work, but it's a bit of a gamble.