connection error!

• Replies:3
Jon Stalder
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 23, 2011, 1:09:19 AM via App

I changed my Google password and now my email app won't connect. It says connection error, then flashes incorrect user name or password. I have a Galaxy S 2 with 2.3.4 I believe, and a bad attitude :') Also, this is my first Droid and I love it. The only solution I've seen is to restore this thing to factory settings, and I don't want to do that for obvious reasons.....

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 23, 2011, 10:14:25 AM via Website

Well that would be a bit drastic! Try this instead... go to settings> accounts and sync and you should be able to reenter your account information.
You should also be able to reset the password in the email app by pressing the menu button when you are in your account overview and going to settings. At least I have that option on my phone's email app.

Hope that helps!

Jon Stalder
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 24, 2011, 5:05:32 PM via Website

It did help in a roundabout way! I was trying to explain to my girlfriend how I couldn't reset my password and stumbled across Incoming Settings in the Account Settings menu from the email app itself. It had my login and password info stored there. I changed it and I'm back in business. (I also changed it in outgoing settings). Thanks for your help!

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 25, 2011, 9:57:56 AM via Website

Cool man glad to know it helped. Android is a fairly straight forward OS so just playing around long enough normally ends up in sucess. But glad to hear that it worked out for you.

Good to know that there is an incomming settings tab. I'll remember that for the future!