can't type in arabic while phone's language is english

• Replies:4
weam ahmed
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 24, 2011, 6:27:03 PM via Website

hello there,i've just got an htc chacha android 2.3 ..am from egypt..the phone's language is set to english-egypt..but when am texting or using facebook i cant write in arabic evenn when i press the lng button next to the fn button..what puzzled me more is when i make phone's language arabic and try texting the Lng bttton works in switching between writing in arabic or english...plz i need help on that...i need the phone's language to be english but at the same time i need to write both arabic and english without changing the phone's language.. thank you

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 25, 2011, 10:30:20 AM via Website

Have you tried downloading an arabic keyboard? I've never had the same issue before (Don't speak Arabic unfortunately) but this problem seems to be common with the Cha Cha. I found several forums where people we complaining about the same issue in the stock keyboard. There are a number of custom Arabic keyboards out there, which you can download and instal on your Android phone. Have you given them a look?

H. Eissa
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 14, 2012, 5:50:41 PM via Website

I have the same issue and hope anyone to help
thanks in advance

H. Eissa
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 14, 2012, 7:25:31 PM via Website

weam ahmed
hello there,i've just got an htc chacha android 2.3 ..am from egypt..the phone's language is set to english-egypt..but when am texting or using facebook i cant write in arabic evenn when i press the lng button next to the fn button..what puzzled me more is when i make phone's language arabic and try texting the Lng bttton works in switching between writing in arabic or english...plz i need help on that...i need the phone's language to be english but at the same time i need to write both arabic and english without changing the phone's language.. thank you

HEEEEEEY .. I FOUND IT , hold the screen in the place you will write in, then an option ( input method) will appear, choose arabic keyboard, you will find the Lng. button works and you can switch between arabic and english as u can :D :D (ay khedma :D )

Sarah M.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 14, 2012, 11:02:08 PM via Website

H. Eissa
weam ahmed

HEEEEEEY .. I FOUND IT , hold the screen in the place you will write in, then an option ( input method) will appear, choose arabic keyboard, you will find the Lng. button works and you can switch between arabic and english as u can :D :D (ay khedma :D )

Awesome. Glad you got it worked out :)