new sony ericsson phone?

• Replies:2
Bob Hart
  • Forum posts: 51

Dec 15, 2011, 12:36:46 PM via Website

I know a lot of people knock the Sony Ericsson phones because they aren't the top of the top but I've used them for two years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm not really happy about the news that Sony retook their shares from Ericsson and I'm really concerned about what's going to happen to the line. Are there going to be more Sony Ericcsson phones after the current generation? Is Sony going to continue to support their old phones?

I'm pretty sure they're not going to get out of the smartphone game but what's going on with the company? I thought they were still selling well!

Sam-Droid
  • Forum posts: 42

Dec 15, 2011, 12:43:25 PM via Website

From what I read Sony was just tied of having slower turnaround times that Ericsson was causing. They're still going to produce phones but they will be Sony phones and not new sony ericsson phones.

But there is still and entire generation of phones coming. Like the Nozomi, it's a new Sony Ericsson phone and is not supposed to be half bad at that. So, don't worry, you'll still be able to pick up Sony E's for a while and I'm sure the generation after that will be just as good even if, and maybe because, it will just be Sony working on them.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 15, 2011, 12:46:29 PM via Website

@ Sam hey I came here to say that! But thanks and I think your right. Sony will continue making phones even if they are droping the Ericsson name. I have an Xperia play myself and I'm a big fan of the handset I must admit.

the Nozomi does look like a great new sony ericsson phone and I might just consider picking it up, depending on how soon it will get ICS.

It will be interesting to see what 2012 will bring once Sony and Ericsson go their seperate ways.