Triangle?

• Replies:26
Louise Walsh
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 30, 2011, 2:27:09 AM via Website

Hi, i got the chacha for christmas and im loving it!! but there is a grey triangle with an explanation mark in the middle, when i drag the bar thing down its says authorize HTC chacha to use f button? I have no idea what it is? HELP?!!

Rhalie
  • Forum posts: 9

Dec 30, 2011, 5:44:07 AM via Website

Louise Walsh
Hi, i got the chacha for christmas and im loving it!! but there is a grey triangle with an explanation mark in the middle, when i drag the bar thing down its says authorize HTC chacha to use f button? I have no idea what it is? HELP?!!

I think you need to re-set up Facebook on first set.

Louise Walsh

Louise Walsh
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 30, 2011, 2:29:59 PM via Website

i did it but its still coming up!

— modified on Dec 31, 2011, 1:37:58 AM

Tracey Adams
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 3:26:40 AM via Website

Hi. I just seen your question about the triangle and the exclamation mark and your problem authorizing the f button. Inoticed that although you posted this quite a while ago now, so maybe you have got this sorted out by now. I too had this problem this was why I was looking for an answer! I just tried messing about with my phone ( I too have the HTC cha cha) and in the end all I did was hold down the f button and the triangle with the exclamation mark in disappeared and everything works as normal now! You should get a screen after pressing the f button that lets you post to your facebook wall. Hope this helps.

ahmad hassan
  • Forum posts: 6

May 22, 2013, 6:16:17 PM via Website

Hi i have the same triangle prob and i did hold the f button it gave a pop up mssg telling me to authorize the chacha now so i accepted it kept on loading and then redircted me to an invalid web adrees or an adrees wich doesent exist waht to do i need help plzz

the punkie
  • Forum posts: 4

May 24, 2013, 3:04:41 AM via Website

I have managed to get rid of the "authorize HTC chacha to use f button" triangle... B)

It appeared yesterday for no reason...and it wouldn't connect to the fb page / I couldn't clear it...and then it magically disappeared...but my display got all messed up...apps covering eachother and stuff like that...if I wanted to move the unwanted apps, then HTC sense crashed and the phone reset happened...so then I cleared HTC Sense data...I wasn't even aware I had 2 HTC Sense-s (2 different versions)...I cleared data of both of them (Menu - remove app - all apps - HTC Sense - clear data) and managed to fix the display problem, but the annoying triangle was back...
so then i cleared data of the Facebook for HTC Sense (MENU - REMOVE APP - ALL APPS - FACEBOOK FOR HTC SENSE - CLEAR DATA) and the triangle was gone... Now I wonder for how long...

ahmad hassan

May 24, 2013, 3:31:52 AM via Website

Ur one lucky guy ;) unfortunaltly for me it didnt magicly dissaper it is still there haunting me :p but thk anyway

— modified on May 24, 2013, 3:33:04 AM

the punkie

May 24, 2013, 9:32:26 AM via Website

girl...and no...it magically disappeared only the first time...the second time it took me quite a while to remember to clear data of all FB related apps..

or maybe it was the combination of all the things I did (also described in the previous post):
- clear HTC Sense data twice (2 different versions): Menu - remove app - all apps - HTC Sense - clear data
- clear data of the Facebook for HTC Sense: MENU - REMOVE APP - ALL APPS - FACEBOOK FOR HTC SENSE - CLEAR DATA
- and clear data of all other FB apps

did you try all of it? (and memorize the previous desktop settings (wallpaper & apps) because clearing data of htc sense will reset it..)

— modified on May 24, 2013, 9:58:34 AM

ahmad hassan

May 24, 2013, 10:59:25 AM via Website

Ok thk but there are few stuff that went wrong first of all i dont have two htc sense versions so i just cleard the data for the one i have and then did all the steps (ps did it before) the trinagle was gone but what now !!! No more f button ?? After doing this i pressed my f button to find the triangle. Coming back and the mobile asking me to login to my facebook acc so i loggeed in through the screen the mobile provided and then it redirected me to an invalid website again (ps i realyy want to use the main feature of my phone wich is the f button) but thk anyway

— modified on May 24, 2013, 11:03:02 AM

the punkie

May 24, 2013, 10:44:53 PM via Website

Oh...sorry...I thought since it's impossible to use / to get it to work, you just wanted to get rid of the notification triangle...

ahmad hassan

May 24, 2013, 11:14:39 PM via Website

No problem thk anyways

ahmad hassan

May 26, 2013, 12:45:39 AM via Website

the punkie
Oh...sorry...I thought since it's impossible to use / to get it to work, you just wanted to get rid of the notification triangle...
ok i found a solution for the f button problem thought of sharing it with you ;) simply chek ur facebook app (the one preinstalled on your chacha) if it is the old version simply update it and voilaa here you go the triangle will go and you will be able to use the f button again hope it helps :)

the punkie

May 27, 2013, 4:16:08 PM via Website

well, tnx anyways, but I find the fb app annoying... :wacko: if I connect to fb via the internet app, it's so much faster...

— modified on May 27, 2013, 4:16:41 PM

Md. Shazzad Maruf

May 28, 2013, 10:51:45 AM via Website

In end, it means that the 'f' button is useless!!?

pao

May 29, 2013, 10:17:19 PM via Website

I see I'm not the only one having this problem with the chacha. I have recently changed my fb password and the f button is not working. I've done it several times in the past and it used to work after authorizing it and logging into the fb app. I dont know why this time isnt working. I've cleared all data in both fb apps, I've updated the system and also the fb app and it still isnt working . The page starts loading to authorize the f button but it doesnt work. I've tried everything. Any other suggestion?

I've also realized that the fb chat app isnt working neither, I have also cleared alll data for this app and tried to log in but it doesnt work. I also logged out and in to htc sense but this also didnt help.

This is the link that is shown when trying to authorize the f button.
fbconnect://success#access_token=CAAC0fH86wscBAETxzvD2wy3SN3YDmHHaYNUNz6B9HyYcG8X9b7BPfmg16K9DzgZCprRgUdPVxbatiwb4kGjnqq2ORkM499FeJE2FH1cYyFKoMjuajffiNNXyXEC19ICTA8UcNtsy3VfZCI4ZCcEjG2o7unpQ3Q2PZAUZAdFUSNFTsD3uWV9T6&expires_in=0&code=AQCenizrPJIDHZQnKZivr6He9MQfNOIeLgGrcpW1NVS1irdKX6HvkkgpSNV3MDT3U9dnm6Q70VygXwrmntKOAZUirnMVlfaXx_RFsXA4s7OpuDlsWw8lkezkeWRAjGHLjgXRNeMOz9Y4eKiljXYUn3VpLg8MT6BktsjyhwsLaRQMNxpNKYj6mjXmlS3Htguw9z_omSbKTUnGznyLSpcdfX5OMqFwxCl-OzeLIS__W-b9-3EPazDmQPG05-4OUlGjywkTQba7LsMymte25MQfanvDIH_KOFpaCeOVNT9DWNT7_Of7WRkLPaR1huk5tNnx5H5-apZK8P1NccpkMkAVFfZE

JC Lunaria
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 3, 2013, 7:48:55 PM via Website

pao
I see I'm not the only one having this problem with the chacha. I have recently changed my fb password and the f button is not working. I've done it several times in the past and it used to work after authorizing it and logging into the fb app. I dont know why this time isnt working. I've cleared all data in both fb apps, I've updated the system and also the fb app and it still isnt working . The page starts loading to authorize the f button but it doesnt work. I've tried everything. Any other suggestion?

I've also realized that the fb chat app isnt working neither, I have also cleared alll data for this app and tried to log in but it doesnt work. I also logged out and in to htc sense but this also didnt help.

This is the link that is shown when trying to authorize the f button.
fbconnect://success#access_token=CAAC0fH86wscBAETxzvD2wy3SN3YDmHHaYNUNz6B9HyYcG8X9b7BPfmg16K9DzgZCprRgUdPVxbatiwb4kGjnqq2ORkM499FeJE2FH1cYyFKoMjuajffiNNXyXEC19ICTA8UcNtsy3VfZCI4ZCcEjG2o7unpQ3Q2PZAUZAdFUSNFTsD3uWV9T6&expires_in=0&code=AQCenizrPJIDHZQnKZivr6He9MQfNOIeLgGrcpW1NVS1irdKX6HvkkgpSNV3MDT3U9dnm6Q70VygXwrmntKOAZUirnMVlfaXx_RFsXA4s7OpuDlsWw8lkezkeWRAjGHLjgXRNeMOz9Y4eKiljXYUn3VpLg8MT6BktsjyhwsLaRQMNxpNKYj6mjXmlS3Htguw9z_omSbKTUnGznyLSpcdfX5OMqFwxCl-OzeLIS__W-b9-3EPazDmQPG05-4OUlGjywkTQba7LsMymte25MQfanvDIH_KOFpaCeOVNT9DWNT7_Of7WRkLPaR1huk5tNnx5H5-apZK8P1NccpkMkAVFfZE

Im having the exact problem with my chacha i cant authorize the facebook chacha because it keeps directing me to a web address that is not available anymore so i cant use the f button as well as the fb chat apps. I dont know what to do. If you have configured how to do this pls share info id gladly appreciate it. Pls do thanks.

JC Lunaria

Jun 4, 2013, 12:07:12 PM via Website

I resolved this issue just today . Now read thoroughly. . In order for you not to be redirected in that invalid web address. you have to update the facebook android that you have in your htc chacha in order to do that go to play store and try to look for facebook and then itll show the the update button after updating it try to press the f button it will function properly no invalid web adress anymore it will authorize your facebook just fine . :) hope this help.

Sonu Ali

Jun 9, 2013, 5:26:42 PM via Website

Hay ... Thanxxx... it worked :-) relief at laaaassstttt

Prince Yogeen
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 21, 2013, 7:04:15 PM via Website

how did you update it ?? could you tell me the link or any thing that might help

Prince Yogeen
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 21, 2013, 7:04:58 PM via Website

God,, some body help me how to fix this

JC Lunaria

Jun 24, 2013, 12:12:36 AM via Website

No you just go to google playstore or any playstore you have there and go to "installed" or try to search for the facebook youll see update/uninstall there click update and there after updating it try to use the f button or if didnt work restart it then try it again. It worked for me with out restarting though . :)

JC Lunaria

Jun 24, 2013, 4:04:54 AM via Website

check out your google play store or play store in the "installed" part youd see facebook or just search it on play store then youll see uninstall/update then click update after updating it try to use the f button itll work properly. if it didnt, try to restart your phone. mine worked with out restarting though.

forgive my terminology in mot really good with technical words. :p

Prince Yogeen
God,, some body help me how to fix this

JC Lunaria

Jun 30, 2013, 3:05:46 AM via Website

go to playstore search for facebook then youll see open/update click update itll automatically update your facebook you can check that in notifications. After updating try to press the f button. If it still didnt work restart your phone by long pressing the lock button then itll give you an option to either switch to airplane mode or restart it. It worked for me without restarting though.

Talgat Baiterekov

Jul 13, 2013, 6:40:35 AM via Website

thx guys... i've been searchin 4 reason 4hours)))

— modified on Jul 13, 2013, 6:41:12 AM

Rawand A. Hamasharif

Jul 16, 2013, 3:24:57 PM via Website

Hi every one

I fixed my problem thank you all

I just update old facebook application to the latest one and login to my fb account

:bashful:

Alik Boubouchian

Aug 16, 2013, 11:19:32 AM via Website

but the thing is the memory of the phone is very small, so i am unable to update the facebook app hehehe

drkang

Dec 9, 2013, 11:11:43 PM via Website

Since the internal memory is small and using the browser is the faster way to access you will have to delete your fb data from accounts and sync and restart the device.If you will keep using the browser no err about the f button will ever taunt you.The other solution is to update de app from google play.