help and hello

• Replies:3
tracey s
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 4, 2012, 4:58:40 PM via Website

Hi guys. Please can you advise me on using my advent vega tablet. I am hopless. Completely new to android tablets. I want to get the most out of it but having problems finding the best apps. I tried to download honeycomb. It downloaded but now i cant find it. Where should i be looking? :(

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 5, 2012, 10:26:29 AM via Website

Did you update your tablet using the update option under system settings > about phone > software update? If so then it should have installed automatically. If you're new to the Android world I wouldn't recomend you try loading the OS on to your system manualy right away, as that can be a bit tricky.

Check out our blog and reviews section, if you're looking for good apps. We have daily reviews and put together "best of" articles constantly so we should be able to help you find what you're looking for. Our App Center also combines reviews from the Android Market, AndroidPIT user reviews and articles from our AndroidPIT editors so you're sure to get the best information!

tracey s
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 6, 2012, 8:39:07 AM via App

Thank you. I tried to update software, I get a green man standing next to an open file box with an orange arrow coming out. what does this mean. When this appears my tablet wont do anything so i have to switch it off.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 6, 2012, 10:23:07 AM via Website

:O Don't switch your tablet off! That's the install screen and means that your tablet is updating to the latest version of Android that is currently available for your tablet! If you turn it off when you are updating the OS you can seriously damange your tablet! Let the Android update install fully and restart itself before you do anything. It will take awhile to install the update so wait till you see a normal screen before proceding. If you already turning your tablet off in the middle of an update, start it back up, charge it fully and then restart the update.