Email spam

• Replies:3
Terry I.
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 16, 2012, 9:52:29 PM via Website

Hi all,

When I down load my email on my HTC Desire I get lots of email spam which gets blocked on my PC by Norton Security. Anyone know how I can stop it on my phone?

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 17, 2012, 11:30:18 AM via Website

What email account are you using? A gmail one or a private email account?

As far as I know, the phone just takes the emails that are pushed from your email account which means that it uses your base spam settings from the email account. If its Gmail just open up your normal gmail on a computer and adjust the settings there. If it's another account I'd access that account and check what the spam filter settings are. Ther is also a mobile version of Norton security which you might want to check out but I think adjusting your spam filter settings who be the best first step before you spend money on a security app.

Terry I.
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 3, 2012, 9:23:44 PM via Website

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for the comments. I have Norton on both my home and work laptop and they are capturing most stuff but on my phoe I get bombarded with spam from gambling sites. Are you saying the way to stop it is thru my Norton settings on my PC?-_-

— modified on Feb 3, 2012, 9:32:22 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 6, 2012, 12:51:56 PM via Website

No no..what he means is that spam emails have nothing to do with your phone...rather your email provider. Its possible to have your PC antivirus filter and block certain emails, but im not sure if those settings will carry over when the mails are pushed to the PC. Have you looked on the market for an email scanner/blocker?