How do i recover the password for smart app protector?

• Replies:9
tra
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 17, 2012, 6:59:26 AM via Website

My son has left his phone for my wife without removing this app and she wants to get his photos off without wiping the phone.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 17, 2012, 11:16:10 AM via Website

Hi! What app are you talking about? Are you talking about the AndroidPIT app or a different one? It sounds like you are expressing two different problems so it would be great if you could write a little more so that we can know how to best help you. Regarding the pictures, you can remove them from your Android device by opening the gallery application and then clicking on the menu button. This should open up a menu with with the option to select all photos. Click that option and then click delete and that should take care of all your deleting needs!

hope that helps!

tra

Jan 17, 2012, 3:43:14 PM via Website

There is an app called "smart app protector" which is blocking her from even getting into the settings for the phone. It asks for a password for alot of the apps and functions on the phone, but not all. I am trying to find a way to recover the password to unlock and disable this app without having to wipe the phone. It is an htc phone but i dont know which one, and i dont know anything about smartphones. I cant find any info about this app online besides reviews.

Aaron Tilton

Jan 18, 2012, 10:37:58 AM via Website

If you can't find the password and cant recover the password for smart app protector (I just downloaded the app and I can't find a recovery option) I'd just uninstall the app. To uninstall smart app protector go to setting> applications> manage application and then click on smart app protector. You should have an option to uninstall about half way down the right side of the screen.

Let me know if that works for you!

alaysia carter

tra

Jan 18, 2012, 5:19:04 PM via Website

The app had the settings locked down so I couldnt do it that way. Thanks for your help

Aaron Tilton

Jan 19, 2012, 10:24:11 AM via Website

Then I guess short of getting the password from your son or wipping the phone with a factory reset (it's of course still an option if you don't mind loosing the data on the phone) the only other option would be to contact the app developers directly. Though I don't know if they'd be willing to help you get through their security software, but it is an option.

Hope you get it sorted out!

tra

Jan 20, 2012, 2:28:02 AM via Website

Thanks, thats what I was afraid of.

Aadam Gibson
  • Forum posts: 41

Jul 4, 2012, 1:02:00 PM via Website

Smart App Protector enables to protect your installed applications using a password or pattern of your choice.

Aneesh Abbas
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 11:51:04 PM via Website

Open android market
search for smart lock
If it s installed,there will b uninstall option
Just uninstall it
Your data will b safe and t lock software will b uninstalled

Chiran Bhattarai
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 7, 2012, 8:29:59 AM via Website

Does the app don't have the forgot password option?