Showing off app features in demo version's screenshots?

• Replies:2
turskagames
  • Forum posts: 59

Jan 23, 2012, 6:18:38 PM via Website

Hi,

I published my first app a week ago and I'm wondering how should I promote the app in the demo version's market page. Is it common to put screenshots from the full version of the app to the demo version's page? Or is it misleading? Should the demo version's screenshots show only features or levels that are actually available in the free demo version of the game? This might be a trivial question, but I'm quite new with Android, so I don't know the policy here.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 24, 2012, 10:09:04 AM via Website

I'm not a developer, so I can't tell you from personal experience how best to market your app, but as a consumer I'd expect that the features I see in an add would also be in the product I then buy. If you do want to have screen shots that reflect features in the full version, I think that's fine, as long as you make sure in the text of the add or on the screenshot itself that the feature are only available in the full version. Like I said, I've never tried to market an app myself but that's what I would expect as a shopper.

turskagames
  • Forum posts: 59

Jan 24, 2012, 7:34:39 PM via Website

I guess it's more clear if the screenshots are only from the free version, so there's no changes for misunderstandings. I was also thinking that maybe I should make a short video about the game, and the same problem remains that whether to do only one video (of the full version) or separate one for the limited free version.