Help! I don't want to crop my image to set as wallpaper

• Replies:5
Emre Orhan
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 26, 2012, 9:09:32 PM via Website

Hi there,

I downloaded an image of 480x320. I thought that I wouldn't need to crop the image if I downloaded an image that is exactly the resolution of the ChaCha. But it asks me to crop my image when I want to use it as a wallpaper. And It get's so ugly when I crop it. In other words, I can't select the whole image as a wallpaper. But I don't understand this, because the image is the size of the ChaCha's resolution:mad:

Please help!!

Ben Moffat
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 27, 2012, 6:23:20 AM via Website

If you ever find a solution let me know, so bloody annoying i actually google searched for HTC ChaCha wallpapers and downloaded some and had to crop them to which made them look crap so i have up in the end lol.

Emre Orhan
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 27, 2012, 2:24:55 PM via Website

Okay I'll let you know. You let me know too please.

Naomi M
  • Forum posts: 3

May 13, 2012, 2:30:34 PM via Website

Hi,

I know! It's so anoying! And, my photo library always turns my photos upside-down. Evan though i can rotate them, it won't stay like that. So if I want to set a photo as my wallpaper it will be upside down, or turned righ or left, just not the way it should be!

The only way I guess, is not to download the photo, but to tap on it and then choose "Set as wallpaper". This way it automaticly sets it without croping. Ofcousre you won't have it in your gallery after that unless you download it.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 14, 2012, 4:51:52 PM via Website

Guys, go to your market and download an app called "Wallpaper Wizardry". Its a free app and will allow you to set your wallpaper without cropping it if you wish. It has lots of other cropping options as well. Really great app.

tyler fo
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 9:40:49 AM via Website

Emre Orhan
Hi there,

I downloaded an image of 480x320. I thought that I wouldn't need to crop the image if I downloaded an image that is exactly the resolution of the ChaCha. But it asks me to crop my image when I want to use it as a wallpaper. And It get's so ugly when I crop it. In other words, I can't select the whole image as a wallpaper. But I don't understand this, because the image is the size of the ChaCha's resolution:mad:

Please help!!
How come! generally ,I download the image as the same size as my phone's screen .It doesn't need to be cropped while being setted as wallpaper.I have make a known of ChaCha ,so you maight search for a thrid party image app in Andrioid market to obtain properest image.