Clock when phone is locked or in standby mode

• Replies:5
andy user
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 2:06:28 AM via Website

I was wondering if there is an app that can show time when phone is locked. I looked hard in Android market and only found apps that had desk clock feature where the app works in the foreground, I am looking for an app that could work in background and light up only when my phone is locked. I

came across people telling about LED burn-in because of such apps but never found an app. A low brightness clock preferably should solve the issue and if it's programmed to shift places within the screen that should reduce led burn-ins. Anyone has any information or suggestion about such apps?

Edddd

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 8, 2012, 5:22:33 AM via Website

Thats a cool idea but I haven't found something like that. I think that that could drain the battery pretty quickly which might explain why there haven't been any similar apps that have become popular. I'll look around and if I find anything similar I'll post it here.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 8, 2012, 12:16:13 PM via Website

Thats actually a DAMN GOOD IDEA FOR AN APP. Only issue I could see with why it hasnt been made is battery life. The majority of battery is being consumed by your screen, and it always glowing could kill the battery even more.

But if someone would release such an app with minimal battery life (perhaps just the clock glowing without the screen being on) I would be all over it.

Edddd
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 2:44:14 PM via Website

Actually, it is an old idea. I used to have it on my Nokia C7 (Symbian OS).

In order to prevent burn-in, it had low brightness and it did shift places regularly.

Now I am using an Android phone, I also was looking for an app to show a clock in my locked screen. Unfortunately, Android is still behind, compared to good old Nokia Symbian OS... :) Another feature, for example, is 'automatic redial' which I used to have on my old Nokia dumbphone. The longer I use my Android phone, the more I seem to miss...

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Mar 4, 2013, 3:44:48 PM via Website

I'd suggest "Wave Control Pro" as a reasonable substitute for an always on lockscreen clock. With a wave of the hand the phone wakes up and you'll see your lockscreen before it goes back to sleep in a matter of seconds. There are many other controls available with the app but the wake feature should suffice for a quick look at the time.

banpreet
  • Forum posts: 17

Mar 7, 2013, 7:28:47 AM via Website

pretty gud idea (Y)