music app!!

• Replies:15
cheryl
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 12, 2012, 2:37:59 AM via Website

Hi i am just new to this forum as of now. all i need to know is how do i turn off the music app i use force stop and it still pops back on no matter what time, where at, anytime of the day and starts playing music it is driving me crazy !!! Help can i uninstall it? cause when i go in that area to force stop the uninstall isn't ever highlighted HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 13, 2012, 2:25:41 PM via Website

Odd. Can you tell me exactly which device your using and which version of Android your running?

cheryl

Feb 13, 2012, 3:24:23 PM via Website

@Eric i have a cricket Optimus c android phone the version 2.2.1 model # LG-LW690

Eric McBride

Feb 14, 2012, 5:55:37 PM via Website

Have you tried force stopping the app and then rebooting the phone? Also, check in the music app to see if it has shake settings, as that could also be causing it.

Let me know how it goes!

cheryl

Feb 15, 2012, 4:17:54 AM via Website

Sorry Eric i am new to this phone where may be the music app and what are shake settings and where are they at??? I have tried force stop i hit that i have shut the phone down and took the battery out if that is what u call reboot it is really a pain it happens everyday i hit pause it says it's ongoing!!!! i don't know what to do

Eric McBride

Feb 15, 2012, 10:45:01 AM via Website

If you open your music app and hit the menu button and then settings, they will normally be somewhere on that screen. It will say "shake settings". If you dont see that option, it probably means this feature isnt supported.

Have you tried using a 3rd party music app from the market to see if the problem still persists?

Andrew Claiton
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 1:56:59 PM via Website

Besides, check your phones with antivirus. As it is not normal what is going on with your music app.

cheryl

Feb 15, 2012, 5:13:14 PM via Website

tried that also Eric tried an app called mortplayer & used/set up as default player still pops on just did it again and there's no uninstall no where when i click on force stop other apps has this OMG i can't stand this i think it's a app default and cricket should fix it i am paying for something i'm not getting

Eric McBride

Feb 20, 2012, 3:10:01 PM via Website

That is a really strange error. Why not try a factory reset and see if the problem still exists?

cheryl

Feb 20, 2012, 7:24:39 PM via Website

Andrew Claiton
Besides, check your phones with antivirus. As it is not normal what is going on with your music app.
OK What's the best one for the phone any info on that????? i appreciate your help

Eric McBride

Feb 21, 2012, 1:46:32 PM via Website

I dont think its a virus, but to be on the safeside, you could always download Avast Mobile Security or Lookout Security. Both are pretty good and have free versions.

cheryl

Feb 22, 2012, 6:40:45 AM via Website

Thanks so much for everyones suggestions i will try the security thing and let u know i'll tell ya what though the last couple days i haven't heard it could it....i better not say that 2 loud lol here's a thought i keep thinking why it's happening could it be a certain phone number that sets it off and if so how do i find that out??? where do i look

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Feb 22, 2012, 10:33:19 AM via Website

Are you saying the music might be a ringtone you accidentally set? :blink:

cheryl

Feb 22, 2012, 11:50:16 PM via Website

@Steve no what i said was i have downloaded songs i use them as ringtones they are the songs that keep playing when something sets them off but like i said i have deleted all songs but one that i am using for a ringtone now and it sems to have stopped but that's not right cause i like different songs so any more info on what i should do i don't want to do a factory reset i will loose everything won't I??????

Eric McBride

Feb 23, 2012, 3:27:17 PM via Website

Wait wait wait....it seems I misunderstood you.

It sounds to me like you have set a song as one of your notification tones. Thats why if you get any new notification you hear the music.

Deleting the songs might not solve the issue, as they might be in Androids system cache. You need to go into your sound settings and find notification tones, and change it to something else.

Give that a shot.

— modified on Feb 23, 2012, 3:29:25 PM

Johny stark
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 3:17:57 AM via Website

The to safeside, you can always download: the AVAST mobile security or mountain safety Kodak 10. The two sides are also good, free version.