VPN Client implementation specific to application

• Replies:3
Manjunath
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 18, 2012, 7:09:34 AM via Website

I wanted to implement the application specific VPN client in android, that is vpn connection once established should be only available to our application and rest of the apps in android device should make use of normal internet connection.

To elaborate my need more, i have an application already which connects to corporate email, files and other data from internet normally but for some security reason we need it to be go through tunnel within our application and access everything within via tunnel basically want we are looking here is security while accessing company corporate network.

Since we are new to something like this we don't have a hint on how to start what protocols to use etc (we are assuming ipsec l2tp for now), any information, hint or redirects to useful resource will be really helpful.

And between we are just looking to send and receive data over tunnel, there is nothing more or need to control computer on the network all we need is to route data through corporate firewall and should support multiple vpn servers such as cisco, microsoft etc. Can any one say how complex or how feasible to implement it.

Manjunath

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 20, 2012, 2:19:42 PM via Website

Any devs around who can help with this?

Also, have you posted this question on XDA Developers yet?

Manjunath
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 21, 2012, 5:58:55 AM via Website

Not yet! will be doing.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 21, 2012, 1:23:44 PM via Website

Good good..Keep us posted on your progress!