App Marketeded with QR Code?

• Replies:8
Futile
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 21, 2012, 9:39:32 AM via Website

I'm looking into getting an app built for me, but I've been learning that it's not that lucrative of a business in regards to the advertisement in an app. Now other than the android market, as far as people finding out about the game, do you think QR codes are a good way? Now I'm not a big fan of the black and white codes, but I ran across at least two apps (FruitNinja & GroupMe) that had customized QR codes. They looked interesting, but I just want to know what are ya thoughts on sharing apps with QR codes?

Random enough I found the customized app QR's on tumblr?!? http://qrezy.tumblr.com/

Found their main site here

— modified on Feb 21, 2012, 10:48:21 AM

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 21, 2012, 10:19:03 AM via Website

QR codes are nothing more then a tool to direct people to a site much like a web address. They, in and of themselves, are useless without good ad placement. They are useful if you already have an ad with decent coverage but if no one is seeing your ad then it doesn't much matter if you have one or not. That being said... it's almost become standard to use them on an add esp. if you have a web presence associated with it.

Futile

Feb 21, 2012, 10:33:06 AM via Website

I understand. Well the QR codes can be a bit much, simply because they look exactly a like and most people aren't sure what they are scanning. Do you think customized codes could help at least for catching someone's attention regardless of ad placement?

Aaron Tilton

Feb 21, 2012, 11:51:31 AM via Website

What do you mean customized codes? Like with different colors or what? To be honest I think most people view QR codes in a completly functional way so I'm not sure they really care much about the aesthetics.

Futile

Feb 21, 2012, 6:22:42 PM via Website

Like I mentioned in my first post this company makes customized codes. http://Qrezy.com
I have never seen any like this. They seem to do more than just colors. They also offer something I've never heard of. They are talking about changing the code direction or something and make a code go to the app on android and apple. I feel as if the customized could help, It's definitely better looking than the black and white :grin:
I wonder if they scan just as fast though. More research. :blink:

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Feb 21, 2012, 6:25:30 PM via Website

Wow, those are actually quite cool designs! I'm impressed!

Aaron Tilton

Feb 22, 2012, 11:02:50 AM via Website

Actually, I agree! They look a lot cooler then I thought they would. I'm sure they'd help your ads get a bit more attention but without a good ad I don't think they would be able to carry the attention on their own.

Futile

Feb 25, 2012, 10:05:11 PM via Website

Agreed. Still need good advertisement, which will cost a decent amount...huh.

Aaron Tilton

Feb 27, 2012, 10:46:06 AM via Website

Yep.... nothing good is free unless you can come up with a nice viral strategy and just use social media like facebook or youtube.... That doen't cost much but you need to know what you are doing and getting people who work in that area can again be expensive...