Samsung Galaxy S2 — someone please i need your help.

• Replies:6
shaun tom
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 25, 2012, 7:29:06 AM via Website

i am very new to rooting phones. i rooted my samsung galaxy s 2 and tried to flash roms i flashed cyanogenmod. worked perfect well than i tried to flash another rom superuser 3.2.6 and i hit repartition and flashed using odin now my phone is completly bricked and i tried everything even the jig please anyone any suggestions im not gonna be able to get a new phone til mon and wont recieve it til wed thurs

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 27, 2012, 11:47:57 AM via Website

Hmmm I'm going to pass this one along to our rooting guy. Maybe he'll have a solution or two for you... hope we can help!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 27, 2012, 1:25:24 PM via Website

Hmmm....is it possible to get the phone back in recovery by pressing volume down + big center button + power?

If you can get into recovery you arent bricked.

Try it and let me know what happens.

shaun tom

Feb 27, 2012, 4:35:11 PM via Website

yes i can get it into recovery mode and download mode. i tried making a jig to reset it but it diddnt work. please let me know if you know how to. it gets frozen at start with the hazardsign

Eric McBride

Feb 28, 2012, 4:24:25 PM via Website

Ok great. If you can get into recovery, you have 2 options:

1. Reflash the ROM from your SD card.
2. If you dont have the ROM on your sd card, redownload it on your computer, and from recovery, go to "toggle usb". You can then drag and drop the rom from your pc to your phone, and then reflash it.

Let me know what happens.

shaun tom

Feb 28, 2012, 4:35:02 PM via Website

ok i dont have it on sd card. so i tried to download it and the computer or odin wont pick up the phone. it says usb driver not installed but i installed it and updated it. not sure if this helps but when i was flashing another rom i hit repartioned and thats when it messed up . i really appreciate you helping me as i am new to this and i think i got in way over my head

Eric McBride

Feb 29, 2012, 2:41:17 PM via Website

Ahhh ok..I see your problem. You need to go to the samsung site and download a program called Samsung Kies. It should allow the pc to see the computer. If thats not the issue, try to connect the phone to a different PC and see if its able to read it. That way you ll know if its a driver problem.

If it works on another pc, download the ROM you need and drag it onto the phone from there. Remember, from recovery you will need to go to "mounts and storage and then go to "mount USB storage" for the pc to see the phone.When you are done, unmount it. If you dont do this, the pc cant see your phone. Then wipe data/factory reset -wipe cache partition, then go advanced options and wipe dalvik cache. After that flash the ROM and then reboot the phone. First boot will take a few min, so be patient and wait 10 or 15 min for it to boot.

Keep me updated!

— modified on Feb 29, 2012, 2:44:20 PM