Acer A 100

• Replies:8
Madina Satybaldinova
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 1, 2012, 4:38:09 PM via Website

Hello everyone,
I don't have an experience at all. Could you give some suggestions. I've downloaded ebooks and all of them installed on my desktop.
The point I'd like to move those books to my Library and it doesn't move.
Are there anyone to help me out?

Thanks.

— modified on Mar 1, 2012, 4:38:39 PM

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 1, 2012, 5:59:44 PM via Website

What program are you trying to use to read these with? When you plug your Android in to your computer you should be able to open it up like a drive and find the folder that is associated with that app but not knowing which app it is I can't tell you what folder you should use. Try exploring the drive until you find the right folder!

Madina Satybaldinova

Mar 1, 2012, 6:02:50 PM via Website

Thank you. I'll try.

Madina Satybaldinova

Mar 2, 2012, 10:51:31 AM via Website

Hello,
I've downloaded ebooks from the Market as "Crime and its Causes", "Dream Psychology", "The Call of the Wild" and so on.
Following your instructions I plugged Android to my computer. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the right folder that is associated with that applications.
By the way may I draw your attention to some problems:
Firstly, having "ThinkFree Office", "Super Manage" and "File Manager" shall I manage those ebooks (move them to the Library) somehow?
Actually I tried it out, no results.
One more issue which is still bothering me how to close opened applications.
Task killer seems like useless.
Hope it makes sense for you.
Thank you so much.

Aaron Tilton

Mar 2, 2012, 11:21:15 AM via Website

Well you certianly have a lot of questions don't you! :D Well that's what we're here for!

First off, what ebook reader are you using? Let me know and I'll see if I can't figure out how to best use it.

Regarding the task killer, are you just trying to close processes you don't want running or are you just looking to end applications? Normally, you can just press the menu button in the app when you are one the apps start screen and then you have the option of exiting the app. I'd avoid using a task killer if you can as that can harm your phone. I wrote a big article on if task killers work which might be good to look through if you're just getting started.

Madina Satybaldinova

Mar 2, 2012, 1:17:04 PM via Website

Do you have some recommendation which program is better for reading ebooks?
Actually I don't have either of them.
Thank you.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Mar 2, 2012, 1:25:40 PM via Website

There are many ebook readers but I prefer Aldiko, in my opinion it much better than the others. I read a lot on my device and have good experience with this product. It sees any .epub books and many others.

1. plug in Android device via USB
2. Move all .epub files to your SD Card in a folder named ebooks
3. diconnect device
4. install Aldiko
5. in the Aldiko menu tell it to find all ebooks (.epub, .pdf etc.) and aim it to your folder "ebooks" and it will set them up for you in a nice book shelf.

Then enjoy !!

Aaron Tilton

Mar 2, 2012, 2:40:37 PM via Website

That would probably be the problem t hen. I was assuming that you had already downloaded an ebook reader! You can download as many as you'd like but I'd agree with Chris' suggestion! Hope it works out! If you have more questions just ask away!