direct print to wireless Dell v313w

• Replies:2
Tony Scott
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 6, 2012, 4:42:56 PM via Website

My laptop is out of action so i'm tring to find an app that will direct print to my new wireless Dell v313w printer. Shareprint cant find the printer. Droid print sees it and says the test page printed but nothing prints. P.s. i am using a Verizon MiFi hotspot for the wireless connection i have excellent signal and had no trouble printing from my laptop (before it went kaput!). Thanks

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 8, 2012, 3:54:01 PM via Website

Hmm..tough one, as I havent tried to ever print from my device before. Have you tried searching for other print apps on the market, as im sure there are quite a lot of them.

Tony Scott
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 8, 2012, 6:12:05 PM via Website

Hi Eric,

Actually the "lets print Droid" folks were pretty helpful. It looks like googlecloud print is the most promising. Unfortunately i didnt know before i bought the dell printer that even though its wireless its not necessarily set up directly with cloud print and probably requires my laptop connected to set it up for google cloud print. Maybe by instaling google chrome on my laptop. That leaves me in a catch 22 since my laptop is dead i can't set the orinter up in the first place.. i'm still researching but apparently even though the printer is only a couple of months old it may not be direct print capable. Looks like Epsin, kodak or Hp would have been better choices. Since my company was paying i unfortunately went for cheap! Bummer