HTC Sensation XE — HTC sensation display goes grey and nothing visible

• Replies:3
Suresh M P
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 12, 2012, 1:56:14 PM via Website

Hi Guys,

I am facing a strange problem. I have had the sensation XE for a month or more now and did not face any problems. Have not installed anything other than from market. Day before yestersday night, i went to sleep with my phone at 60% battery left and alarms turned on for 6:00AM. When the alarm started ringing i saw that the screen was grey in color and could not turn the screen on, nor could see anything at all. I pressed the power button, but it turns off the alarm but the screen still stays grey but nothing is visible. The power button also does not help to switch off the phone neither does the volume keys help. I have to remove the battery and reinsert it to get the phone back to work. and when i switch it on again the battery is still 45%.

I wrote to HTC service center and they asked me to do a master reset. I did,twice, but the problem still exists. Its so random that i cannot predict What triggers this. It happend once when i was doing nothing and nothind went off ( alaram, or call or message)

This happened again today morning. Please advice. its really bugging to do this every morning.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 12, 2012, 6:20:48 PM via Website

What apps have you installed? Just because it's downloaded from the Market, doesn't mean it's totally safe. To me, it sounds like a hardware problem. Could you bring it in for repair somewhere?

Suresh M P
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 12, 2012, 6:33:28 PM via Website

Thanks steven,

I have angry birds, battery indicator, train schedule for germany, Dictionary, Dolphin browser, hotmail, lookout security, MX video player, Skype, and sygic navigation, google translator and wats app. I haven't installed too many after the factory reset.

Even i think its a harware problem, but i want to know if someone else has faced this before, and what did the HTC guys say and do when it went for repair.

I am pretty sure they will do a factory reset and give me back the same phone saying its fixed. I'm glad that its still under warranty..

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 12, 2012, 11:38:18 PM via Website

I have a Sensation and have never faced that issue before. Unfortunately, it does indeed seem like a hardware problem :(