I cannot get Star Chart to work

• Replies:9
John Snow
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 19, 2012, 11:38:21 PM via Website

When I start Star Chart it progresses to the end of the time bar and then goes blank and the a message appears thet says "The application Star Chart (process/com.escapistgames starchart) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I have tried again and again but that is all I ever get.

Maybe there is another post where someone has the same problem, so please point me to it if so.

I have emailed Escapist Games and used the "Report a problem" form in the apps store but no-one has ever answered me in 4 weeks.

Any answers to this problem would be appreciated.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 20, 2012, 10:50:44 AM via Website

You might just have a bad install. Have you tried uninstallung the app and then reinsalling it from the market?

John Snow

Mar 20, 2012, 11:26:11 AM via Website

Thanks, yes I did reinstall it over the original but I didn't uninstall first. Perhaps I should try that.

Aaron Tilton

Mar 20, 2012, 11:34:31 AM via Website

It wont reinstall if you haven't deinstalled the app first. Deinstall. Reboot and reinstall. Its a sure fire way to get rid of a lot of different problems with certian Android apps.

John Snow

Mar 20, 2012, 11:42:05 AM via Website

Ha! I uninstalled it and now it wants me to pay for it again.

I wouldn't mind but I don't know if it will work this time.

Aaron Tilton

Mar 20, 2012, 12:08:42 PM via Website

If you got this from the Google Play Store then you shouldn't need to pay for it again. Or are you using a 3rd party store?

John Snow

Mar 20, 2012, 12:18:25 PM via Website

I got it from Vodafone apps. I guess I need to try contacting them again. Maybe they will answer this time.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 20, 2012, 2:25:41 PM via Website

Yeah, I would do that if I were you. You should only have to get apps ONCE. If possible, I really recommend using Google Play store for purchasing apps.

John Snow

Mar 20, 2012, 2:34:09 PM via Website

Thanks for the info. I will go there.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 20, 2012, 2:35:42 PM via Website

Keep us posted on what happens!