Problems installing Google Play Store app on my phone :O(

• Replies:7
richard trigwell
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 24, 2012, 12:28:32 AM via Website

I have a Sony Ericsson Experia X10i phone .. and have downloaded the Google Play Store app from here .. Started up my Sony PC Companion to transfer file from laptop to phones download folder but I have no idea now how to execute the Google Play Store program so it installs on my phone any help would be most appreciated !

I cant even find the application to download in the catagories here on android pit .. any help with that would be appreciated too !

I downloaded to laptop the application from this link ..

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog/403233/google-play

— modified on Mar 24, 2012, 1:25:03 AM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 24, 2012, 7:32:59 AM via App

you need a file manager to view the sd contents. check the option in settings\applications/install from unknown sources, try this http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/astro-file-manager , it should ask you to install it, and take it from there.

Sinkster

richard trigwell

Mar 24, 2012, 12:54:27 PM via Website

Thankyou very much !

richard trigwell

Mar 24, 2012, 1:34:36 PM via Website

I have downloaded the file to my laptop when I connect phone and fire up the Sony PC Companion program and click on File Transfer which brings up everything on my SD Card I cut/paste the .apk into the SD Card folder but still nothing executes or installs I have made sure my options as you stated are ticked there are quite a few folders coming up on my SD Card see picture below .. Do I transfer the file into any of these folders or just paste it below the default-capability.xml ???

zoubir boughazi
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 1:05:53 AM via App

richard trigwell
I have a Sony Ericsson Experia X10i phone .. and have downloaded the Google Play Store app from here .. Started up my Sony PC Companion to transfer file from laptop to phones download folder but I have no idea now how to execute the Google Play Store program so it installs on my phone any help would be most appreciated !

I cant even find the application to download in the catagories here on android pit .. any help with that would be appreciated too !

I downloaded to laptop the application from this link ..

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog/403233/google-play

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 2, 2012, 3:35:53 PM via Website

richard trigwell
I have downloaded the file to my laptop when I connect phone and fire up the Sony PC Companion program and click on File Transfer which brings up everything on my SD Card I cut/paste the .apk into the SD Card folder but still nothing executes or installs I have made sure my options as you stated are ticked there are quite a few folders coming up on my SD Card see picture below .. Do I transfer the file into any of these folders or just paste it below the default-capability.xml ???

After moving the file to you sd card, disconnect from the PC. Then use a file manager from your phone to find the Google Play apk file on your sd card and press on it. It will then prompt you to install it.

Android k
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 27, 2012, 9:19:30 AM via Website

If you’re missing the Google Play Store app on your device, or if you’re experiencing difficulty launching the Google Play Store app, please try the following:

Confirm that you’re using an Android device and that it appears on list of supported Android devices.
Ensure that you have strong connectivity , and contact your provider if you’re not connected.
Reboot your device (power completely off and back on), and try accessing the Google Play Store app again.
If your Android phone or tablet is not supported for use with Google Play, or if after rebooting you still don’t see the Google Play Store app, contact the carrier or manufacturer of your device - at this time, we do not offer a copy of the Google Play Store app for download.

MichaelRogers
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 17, 2012, 5:25:55 PM via Website

Same problem here, please help guys, none of above works..